New Head Coaching Staff Selections (Coordinators)

$7M sounds like a lot to hire assistants.  And it is.

But Mickey is supposedly looking for $1M+.  Satterfield made $900k this year.  DC likely to be in the same ballpark.

That's likely ~$3.5M for the first three (assuming Mickey stays).  That leaves ~$3.5M for the other seven.  That's ~$500k each.  

Edited by Mavric
Bad at math
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Mavric said:

$7M sounds like a lot to hire assistants.  And it is.

But Mickey is supposedly looking for $1M+.  Satterfield made $900k this year.  DC likely to be in the same ballpark.

That's likely ~$3.5M for the first three (assuming Mickey stays).  That leaves ~$3.5M for the other seven.  That's ~$500k each.  

Hopefully that $7M doesn't include S&C...

2 minutes ago, admo said:

I don't think Ruud or Dawson will be retained. :corndance

Can I get an Amen !  chuckleshuffle

Early in the year I would also be rejoicing wholeheartedly. But my opinion of both improved a lot with Busch as DC, so I do wonder how much Chinander's style was affecting our perception. Even the returning guys like Reimer, Henrich, Feist, and Robinson looked terrible early on, and the young guys like Hausmann were totally lost. They all improved dramatically with Busch, and I don't think you can attribute all of that to the DC. I suspect Ruud and Dawson are solid coaches who were limited by Chins vision for the defense, but I won't be super bummed when they're gone. Ruud has sentimental appeal, but there are good coaches out there and neither seem to be the recruiters Rhule is looking for.

• TBH 1
4 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Early in the year I would also be rejoicing wholeheartedly. But my opinion of both improved a lot with Busch as DC, so I do wonder how much Chinander's style was affecting our perception. Even the returning guys like Reimer, Henrich, Feist, and Robinson looked terrible early on, and the young guys like Hausmann were totally lost. They all improved dramatically with Busch, and I don't think you can attribute all of that to the DC. I suspect Ruud and Dawson are solid coaches who were limited by Chins vision for the defense, but I won't be super bummed when they're gone. Ruud has sentimental appeal, but there are good coaches out there and neither seem to be the recruiters Rhule is looking for.

Pretty much this.  I think the scheme wasn't working.

I don't think either will probably be retained.  But I think Ruud in particular did a better job than his is given credit for.  Especially with all the injuries he's dealt with the past 2-3 years.

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

NU is coming off a 3-win and 4-win season.  Why are we ringing our hands on retaining coaches, who generally sucked?

Right, I'm not. Just saying they ended up being better than I expected given the start of the year - I can't blame the defense for many of our post-Chins losses. But I think we can recognize and give them credit for the job they did and still be fine with bringing in new coaches.