New Head Coaching Staff Selections (Coordinators)

4 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I was wondering if he was fired just from football responsibilities or just outright because it seems he works with other sports.  Wouldn't think the football coach would have the authority to fire the Volleyball nutritionist (or whatever other sports he works with)

The nutrition staff tends to be changed when the rest of the coaching staff moves on. I know some of the staff was replaced with the hire of Riley, which was pretty stupid.

11 hours ago, M.A. said:

Some news on the coach of Strength and Conditioning and Director of Nutrition front. Each has been given the boot!

I know Dave Ellis was a head of the times but since he got fired last night do you think it had anything to do with if he got passed up with the times meaning new or better ways to put weight on players or he wasn't living up to what Nebraska was paying for? So many possibilities as to why he was let go.

Just now, Huskerfollower4life said:

I know Dave Ellis was a head of the times but since he got fired last night do you think it had anything to do with if he got passed up with the times meaning new or better ways to put weight on players or he wasn't living up to what Nebraska was paying for? So many possibilities as to why he was let go.

It basically means that Rhule has his own guy for that role, just like most of these jobs.

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It basically means that Rhule has his own guy for that role, just like most of these jobs.

But I thought the firing had nothing to do with him bc TA was the one that fired him thats why I asked the question. I could definitely understand what you mean with new staff coming in but bc TA fired him I thought it could mean something different.

5 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

But I thought the firing had nothing to do with him bc TA was the one that fired him thats why I asked the question. I could definitely understand what you mean with new staff coming in but bc TA fired him I thought it could mean something different.

Maybe Trev had to technically fire Ellis because Ellis may have worked for the entire Athletic Department and not just the football team.  I really don't know.  Either way, here is how the conversation most likely went:

Trev:  We have a nutrition guy, but he is a holdover from the last staff.  We can let him go if you have your own guy who partners with the S&C coach.

Rhule:  Yeah, I have my own guys I would like to bring in.

Trev:  Ok, I will let our current guy go.

There are going to be a lot of changes going on in the next few months with the football team and potentially athletic department.  I would recommend that you don't need to look for a deeper meaning with every move.  Most of the time "it's just the way it is".

• Plus1 3

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Maybe Trev had to technically fire Ellis because Ellis may have worked for the entire Athletic Department and not just the football team.  I really don't know.  Either way, here is how the conversation most likely went:

Trev:  We have a nutrition guy, but he is a holdover from the last staff.  We can let him go if you have your own guy who partners with the S&C coach.

Rhule:  Yeah, I have my own guys I would like to bring in.

Trev:  Ok, I will let our current guy go.

There are going to be a lot of changes going on in the next few months with the football team and potentially athletic department.  I would recommend that you don't need to look for a deeper meaning with every move.  Most of the time "it's just the way it is".

Ok thanks.

I don't like to criticize players but didn't Grant regress as the season went on? Seems like he was constantly getting the hand-off and running lateral. He had much more success running straight ahead. Note how Rhamir Johnson ran in Iowa. He went straight ahead.  you would think Applewhite would have noted this and coached him to hit the hole quickly. Felt like sometimes he made our offensive line worse than they were. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Hey all, Tech fan here.

I figured I would stop by because I bet Matt Rhule might be looking at Collins as a DC. I am here to tell you, YOU ALL DO NOT WANT THAT.

1. Collins burns bridges everywhere he goes.
  2. We thought Andrew Thacker was the issue for three years, but as soon as we fired Collins, the entire Defense got better and not just better but incredibly better. We all have to apologize to Andrew Thacker.
  3. He changes gameplans as late as Thursday.
  4. The guy is a prick, absolute fraud, and is toxic on every staff.

Go get a better DC.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, roadrat said:

I don't like to criticize players but didn't Grant regress as the season went on? Seems like he was constantly getting the hand-off and running lateral. He had much more success running straight ahead. Note how Rhamir Johnson ran in Iowa. He went straight ahead.  you would think Applewhite would have noted this and coached him to hit the hole quickly. Felt like sometimes he made our offensive line worse than they were. 

I think he had issues hitting the gap, but he often was met with a defender as soon as he got the ball. 

Make no mistake, the offensive line was worse than your eyes even tell you.