New Head Coaching Staff Selections (Coordinators)

22 minutes ago, Comish said:

Agree on Allan. Grant seems to have regressed into a dancer...........

Yes, to some extent. The OL was absolute garbage and he just seemed like he was trying to make something happen that was not there...almost pressing and trying to create a big run each time instead of putting head down. A dancing running back is never a good thing, but add that to the horrendous OL play and it is not good at all!

• TBH 4
1 minute ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

Yes, to some extent. The OL was absolute garbage and he just seemed like he was trying to make something happen that was not there...almost pressing and trying to create a big run each time instead of putting head down. A dancing running back is never a good thing, but add that to the horrendous OL play and it is not good at all!

I agree with you… would like to add though…. Food for thought. The Grant that we saw early was not the same….why? Easy answer would be to say coaching, which I think maybe some have hinted. That may be the case. I may lean to the fact that he took an absolute beating in those early games when he was a north and south guy. Our line was pathetic. He may have been nursing some form of injury, not allowing him to be the same type of runner.???

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

We just offered an OL grad transfer, he tagged Rhule and Raiola. Theres a chance Raiola is retained...

Interesting.  Having Raiola couldn’t hurt our chances of flipping Dominic’s son at QB 

He came in behind the 8 ball with the roster he was dealt with at o-line.  It was a known issue from the previous years.  

31 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

We just offered an OL grad transfer, he tagged Rhule and Raiola. Theres a chance Raiola is retained...

This would be the first move with Rhule that I don’t like. The OL was the weak link by far. Raiola should have been gone by now. Is there a prior connection with him we don’t know about?  Doesn’t align with Rhule’s philosophy the way the OL played and was coached. 

32 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

This would be the first move with Rhule that I don’t like. The OL was the weak link by far. Raiola should have been gone by now. Is there a prior connection with him we don’t know about?  Doesn’t align with Rhule’s philosophy the way the OL played and was coached. 

Really???? I felt the oline play was better…. He was given a turd and turned it into something. 

• Haha 2
42 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

At least 3 coaches he's bringing in have coached the oline. If Raiola is the weak link it'll be figured out quickly.

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

Really???? I felt the oline play was better…. He was given a turd and turned it into something. 

Marginally better. I don't know how much can be attributed to strength and conditioning...It does seem that there were quite a bit of issues with technique. I didn't see the progress as the season went on that I thought there might be. Some of it's personnel. Not nearly enough improvement.