New Head Coaching Staff Selections (Coordinators)

54 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

This would be the first move with Rhule that I don’t like. The OL was the weak link by far. Raiola should have been gone by now. Is there a prior connection with him we don’t know about?  Doesn’t align with Rhule’s philosophy the way the OL played and was coached. 

I just don't see Raiola being retained. Rhule had a discussion with Casey Thompson so hopefully there were some provocative insights gained there...Lol

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, chamrocck said:

This would be the first move with Rhule that I don’t like. The OL was the weak link by far. Raiola should have been gone by now. Is there a prior connection with him we don’t know about?  Doesn’t align with Rhule’s philosophy the way the OL played and was coached. 

Really..??  Raiola was given a shyt salad and asked to make it appetizing without any additional ingredients in less than a yr...  how, in any metric, can you truly judge his performance..??

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, M.A. said:

Marginally better. I don't know how much can be attributed to strength and conditioning...It does seem that there were quite a bit of issues with technique. I didn't see the progress as the season went on that I thought there might be. Some of it's personnel. Not nearly enough improvement. 

The O line was horrible.  But, it is possible it was that big of s#!t show when Raiola got here that he couldn’t do much in one year.  I’ll trust Rhule on this.  I was hoping he would have an amazing O line coach to bring.  But, if he likes Raiola, then so be it.  

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Decked said:

Really don’t think Raiola will be retained. I would be pissed. Especially if we got two very inexperienced guys on both sides of the line.

Is it possible that Satterfield helps out with the line too? And likewise if hired Robinson with the defensive line as DC?

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, roadrat said:

I don't like to criticize players but didn't Grant regress as the season went on? Seems like he was constantly getting the hand-off and running lateral. He had much more success running straight ahead. Note how Rhamir Johnson ran in Iowa. He went straight ahead.  you would think Applewhite would have noted this and coached him to hit the hole quickly. Felt like sometimes he made our offensive line worse than they were. 

I wouldn't say he regressed as much as  the east-west JUCO running wasn't cutting it once we started playing solid defenses. Unfortunately Applewhite wasn't able to break Grant's bad habits. Annoyed me when we left him in there against Iowa. That late 3rd and 1 where Grant wouldn't just lower his shoulder and fight for a yard didn't end-up costing us but it easily could have. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, M.A. said:

Marginally better. I don't know how much can be attributed to strength and conditioning...It does seem that there were quite a bit of issues with technique. I didn't see the progress as the season went on that I thought there might be. Some of it's personnel. Not nearly enough improvement. 

Our line was slow & lacked agility.  I think this has more to do with S&C.  I will say I'm not a fan of Riola, but will give him a chance if he's still here.

• Fire 2
1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Our line was slow & lacked agility.  I think this has more to do with S&C.  I will say I'm not a fan of Riola, but will give him a chance if he's still here.

If Raiola were retained, as another member posted whatever issues there are with coaching they'll be addressed. It doesn't seem like the bearded one's S&C methods and philosophy were producing the desired results on the field especially with respect to the lines.