New Head Coaching Staff Selections (Coordinators)

15 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I dont know if its blindness or not understanding thd game.  Our line had major issues other than coaching.  They were big, slow & has no agility.  This is poor recruiting & lacking S&C.

They're tall. Don't get low enough for leverage. Seems to be lower body strength and agility issues maybe involving feet and ankles to and extent. It's not all coaching that's for sure. 

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

If Dylan flips and someone else on the offensive staff is around to guide him in line teaching I may be ok with it.  Otherwise, I just don't see it.

Getting the OL right is vastly more important than any one recruit. I saw nothing this year to make me think Raiola is capable of what’s needed.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Word is Raiola got an "extensive" interview this week.  Seperately with Rhule then Satterfield.  All former assistants got an "exit" interview but it word is Raiola is at least getting a look.  And that would explain why a couple of the OL offers that have gone out have tagged Raiola.  If he's at least being considered, it makes sense to have him recruit until he's not the guy.

Word is that Rhule at least reached out to Jim Leonhard.  But Leonhard supposedly isn't interested.  Wants to stay in Madison and is considering remaining as DC for Fickell.

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Word is Raiola got an "extensive" interview this week.  Seperately with Rhule then Satterfield.  All former assistants got an "exit" interview but it word is Raiola is at least getting a look.  And that would explain why a couple of the OL offers that have gone out have tagged Raiola.  If he's at least being considered, it makes sense to have him recruit until he's not the guy.

Word is that Rhule at least reached out to Jim Leonhard.  But Leonhard supposedly isn't interested.  Wants to stay in Madison and is considering remaining as DC for Fickell.

Bring on Schumann! 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

15 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

For OL coach, hear me out. Rhule is tight with Belichick. Belichick knows a lot of coaches very well, including one with OL coaching experience who may be looking for a new job - He's a little out of his depth in his current one. Brings Big ten experience, all that jazz. Our new OL coach is.. Brian Ferentz.

Please don't hurt me.

Bill Callahan.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
10 hours ago, Mavric said:

https://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2022/12/1/23486397/wisconsin-badgersfootball-head-coach-luke-fickell-continues-to-fill-wisconsins-coaching-staff

Fickell has his DC. There doesn't appear to be a job for Leonhard in Madison, so he can say he wants to stay there all he likes but it probably won't with out. I sincerely doubt the Packers would hire him.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, runningblind said:

https://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2022/12/1/23486397/wisconsin-badgersfootball-head-coach-luke-fickell-continues-to-fill-wisconsins-coaching-staff

Fickell has his DC. There doesn't appear to be a job for Leonhard in Madison, so he can say he wants to stay there all he likes but it probably won't with out. I sincerely doubt the Packers would hire him.

I understand why Fickell would do that, but MAN youve got a guy who bleeds through and through for that program.  It would be hard for me as a coach to at least not try to maintain him in some aspect.  He would be a great add on to our staff in any fashon.

44 minutes ago, theknife said:

Sounds like recruiting department 

Yep.  After a short playing career as a QB in Canada, he's been at Temple for the last 10 years.  One year as WR coach then several years as Director of Player Development and now an assistant again for the past five years working with QBs and WRs.

But it sounds like he'll be a recruiting staffer here.