New Head Coaching Staff Selections (Coordinators)

So does anyone have suggestions on who is going to be the o-line coach and defensive coordinator? Not many names have been thrown out for the o-line coach. Raiola has been interviewed but I would say a lot of Husker Fans wouldn't want him to come back. Phil Snow has been thrown out as a name and the Georgia co-defensive coordinator has been thrown out as well but there are no clues or indication on to who is going to be named.:dunno

14 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

So does anyone have suggestions on who is going to be the o-line coach and defensive coordinator? Not many names have been thrown out for the o-line coach. Raiola has been interviewed but I would say a lot of Husker Fans wouldn't want him to come back. Phil Snow has been thrown out as a name and the Georgia co-defensive coordinator has been thrown out as well but there are no clues or indication on to who is going to be named.:dunno

An argument could be made that Raiola is not a bad coach, but (especially without Nouili & Prochazka) he just didn’t have the horses. We just don’t know (for sure). A current Ohio St. commit (named Raiola) switching to Nebraska might also hang in the balance. As a coach, he MAY deserve at least another year’s evaluation, under a new HC & OC.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
10 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

An argument could be made that Raiola is not a bad coach, but (especially without Nouili & Prochazka) he just didn’t have the horses. We just don’t know (for sure). A current Ohio St. commit (named Raiola) switching to Nebraska might also hang in the balance. As a coach, he MAY deserve at least another year’s evaluation, under a new HC & OC.

I heard the rumors about Raiola (the qb) but I don't know where or if there is any proof to him even thinking about that. 

https://www.mcall.com/sports/mc-temple-football-rob-dvoracek-20150902-story.html

Rhule said Dvoracek contributed significantly to last year's defense, from serving as a player liaison to making sideline calls. He called Dvoracek "extremely intelligent" and a player on whom teammates rely.

"He's overwhelmingly the guy that, if guys need something, 'Rob Dvoracek is the first guy I call,'" Rhule said. "I'm hoping I can stick around long enough as the head coach to hire him someday. He's that talented."

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, 87skers said:

$7 million pool to hire your old buddies, who else does this sound like and how well did that work out? Good grief 

So i know weve talked about this at length but let me offer some other perspective.  If you were so great at your job, you would get other opportunities at other university s or NFL gigs.  I think thats the point, alot of people Rhule is bringing are from current failed staff at the Panthers.  Hard to get excited with someone who has been following someone for most of there career.  If raiola had been with Temple then followed Rhule to Texas but then a couple years latter he got a chance to go to Iowa State and then did great and they had a superior o line.  Then he moved up to say Kansas St and they made it to College Football Playoffs top 6 and you hired him away from THAT, then that would be something.  But there not all like that are they.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

I've been making the same argument about Raiola. I honestly have no way of evaluating him because he had neither the numbers nor the talent to work with. They actually struggled with even having enough bodies to field a  complete o- line some games. So while it's easy to affix blame to the position coach, we actually have no idea what he might have done with even a modicum of athletic talent and sufficient competitive numbers. Maybe he just isn't very good, but how do we know that because of the circumstances?

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Comish said:

I honestly have no way of evaluating him ......

Not to worry. The message boards are full of experts who have already done the heavy lifting for you and have fully evaluated him as well as every other coach, analyst and support personnel hired by HCMRh. Unfortunately, you're not going to like their verdict.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4