New Head Coaching Staff Selections (Coordinators)

I honestly believe that the DC has been hired.  They have had to signed off on these defensive position hires.  I don't believe it is Snow as why not announce that, so I believe he is currently coaching still.  With these hires so far, I'm thinking it is someone who runs a similar style defense that Ruhle has ran in the past if he's not another former assistant of Ruhle's.

Personally I like having a guy or two on the staff who have no prior ties to the coach that can bring a different view/opinion/ideas to the table instead of a room full of yes men that have been yes men to the same guy for years.

• Plus1 2

7 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

So i know weve talked about this at length but let me offer some other perspective.  If you were so great at your job, you would get other opportunities at other university s or NFL gigs.  I think thats the point, alot of people Rhule is bringing are from current failed staff at the Panthers.  Hard to get excited with someone who has been following someone for most of there career.  If raiola had been with Temple then followed Rhule to Texas but then a couple years latter he got a chance to go to Iowa State and then did great and they had a superior o line.  Then he moved up to say Kansas St and they made it to College Football Playoffs top 6 and you hired him away from THAT, then that would be something.  But there not all like that are they.  

If you were a Colorado fan in the 80s, would have you been excited to if they hired TO like they wanted to and he brought with him most of his staff from Nebraska?

I like up and coming coaches. Having said that someone from outside MR’s tree wouldn’t be the worst idea. Especially when you consider the money he has to spend and the fact that most of these guys have had very little experience with other coaches mentoring them.  I think snow is the DC and they are just negotiating with Carolina for his buyout. I believe he was fired when MR was and that would mean he was due compensation vs these other guys that left on their own. 

2 hours ago, huskerpower22 said:

Interesting. Perhaps coach Fischer is staying on with coach Cooper for either the CB’s or Safeties? Interesting:dunno

According to story about Dwight Bootle Fischer is gone. He told Bootle that he would love to coach him at his new gig, but told Bootle to stay with Nebraska. 

On 12/4/2022 at 1:25 PM, PaulCrewe said:

I honestly believe that the DC has been hired.  They have had to signed off on these defensive position hires.  I don't believe it is Snow as why not announce that, so I believe he is currently coaching still.  With these hires so far, I'm thinking it is someone who runs a similar style defense that Ruhle has ran in the past if he's not another former assistant of Ruhle's.

Personally I like having a guy or two on the staff who have no prior ties to the coach that can bring a different view/opinion/ideas to the table instead of a room full of yes men that have been yes men to the same guy for years.

I agree it's almost too quiet. I assume it's someone currently coaching who is staying for a  bowl game.  

On 12/4/2022 at 3:25 PM, PaulCrewe said:

Not trying to be negative Nancy, but thus far I feel like a lot of yes men is what we’re getting. 

• TBH 1