New Head Coaching Staff Selections (Coordinators)

3 hours ago, HANC said:

Just read that he has coached in the last 7 under armor all American games and is on the Board of Directors for that game. A lot of connections 

From that on3 article:

Something else to watch closely is Wager’s son Gage joining the NU program as a walk-on, a source with knowledge of the situation said.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10094933/Gage-Wager

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not to get off topic like we do, but this is pretty big. 

Seems like Rhule has a clear vision, goal, and not messing around.  It is becoming apparent that if he calls, you are going to answer, listen and say "I'm all N".

Welcome to the staff Coach Wager!  

"One thing is certain, though, Wager is as well-respected and regarded as any high school football coach in the state of Texas.

He’s been involved in coaching the last seven Under Armour All-American Games in Orlando, as well as serving on the game’s board of directors.

Wager currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Texas High School Coaches Association, to which Rhule has a strong connection. "  

https://on3static.com/cdn-cgi/image/height=417,width=795,quality=90,fit=cover,gravity=0.5x0.5/uploads/dev/assets/cms/2022/12/20123052/Bob-Wager-pic.jpg

• Oh Yeah! 2
7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

He very well may have.  But, if you watch the defense.  There is absolutely no outside contain and, many times, it's not because the DE or OLB was blocked.  It was because they were moving out of position to have any chance to have contain.  Their eyes aren't even watching the ball carrier.

I can't remember exactly how Bo's scheme worked, but I know the secondary was asked to be pretty active in run support. Wisconsin exploited that, and our 2 gap technique up front, to put the Safeties and DBs on an island. I think it was 50/50 between not having contain initially and the safety recognizing the play but being too aggressive or taking poor angles. Which kind of comes back to coaching. Tell the safety to settle down and flow with the play, maybe split your DEs out a little wider, and try not to have LBs in the flat being a force defender to turn the play back inside, they aren't quick enough in space to do that effectively.

That video was like 100lbs ago for Bert. Jesus Christ!

• Fire 1
29 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I can't remember exactly how Bo's scheme worked, but I know the secondary was asked to be pretty active in run support. Wisconsin exploited that, and our 2 gap technique up front, to put the Safeties and DBs on an island. I think it was 50/50 between not having contain initially and the safety recognizing the play but being too aggressive or taking poor angles. Which kind of comes back to coaching. Tell the safety to settle down and flow with the play, maybe split your DEs out a little wider, and try not to have LBs in the flat being

a force defender to turn the play back inside, they aren't quick enough in space to do that effectively.

That video was like 100lbs ago for Bert. Jesus Christ!

Well, however it was supposed to work, it didn’t as far as containment on the edge. This is an amazing example of being out coached.  

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, however it was supposed to work, it didn’t as far as containment on the edge. This is an amazing example of being out coached.  

Yup... And Bo was just red faced yelling at guys on the sideline as Gordon keeps on trotting down the field.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
7 hours ago, Red Five said:

Coach Wager

I wouldn’t underestimate what coach Rhule mentioned about the role of football camps.  Lincoln is the target area and they’ll work out from there making the 500 radius better through investing in athletes. It introduces recruits to the organization earlier and begins the development process where we are the beneficiary. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, M.A. said:

I wouldn’t underestimate what coach Rhule mentioned about the role of football camps.  Lincoln is the target area and they’ll work out from there making the 500 radius better through investing in athletes. It introduces recruits to the organization earlier and begins the development process where we are the beneficiary. 

agreed... I think this hire would be more for the progress of local HS coaches

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Thank you for posting that. Coach Wager is going to be a great addition to the coaching staff.  I wonder if other coaches have ever tried to add him before?

The Texas Tech coach offered him a job last year and wanted him as a ST coordinator but Coach Wager turned it down so his son could finish HS and not have to leave for his Sr. Year. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

The next staff members will be announced after the NFL season.

WR- Fishman Jackson is my #1 and I expect we get him. He would also get the title of offensive passing game coordinator. IF not, Joe Dailey would be plan B. Dailey would just be WR coach and not have the PSC title. 

LB- Mike Siravo of the Carolina Panthers. He has been with Rhule at every stop and is someone he trusts. I think White helps out some with the LBers, but Siravo is the man in charge of this group and he assists with special teams. 

The second option that I have seen is Rob Dvoracek. He has very little experience in the coaching department. However, White may just help out and assist him in getting his feet wet at the college level. My thought is he comes in as a Defensive quality control guy that takes the reigns if Siravo leaves in the future. *He might have been the LB coach that was leaked by a recruit but who knows as things change fast. 

TE - Bob Wager will move into one of these roles with his experience. I believe only taking on one position group and recruiting would help acclimate him to college athletics. He will bring a wealth of knowledge to the room. He may end up not being one of the three positions left, but I am guessing he is and he takes on the TE room. 

If Wager is not TE coach it means we got Rhule's number one target and they will come from the NFL. It will not be the Panthers TE coach as he has been a mainstay in the League for a while now.