New Head Coaching Staff Selections (Coordinators)

6 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

The next staff members will be announced after the NFL season.

WR- Fishman Jackson is my #1 and I expect we get him. He would also get the title of offensive passing game coordinator. IF not, Joe Dailey would be plan B. Dailey would just be WR coach and not have the PSC title. 

LB- Mike Siravo of the Carolina Panthers. He has been with Rhule at every stop and is someone he trusts. I think White helps out some with the LBers, but Siravo is the man in charge of this group and he assists with special teams. 

The second option that I have seen is Rob Dvoracek. He has very little experience in the coaching department. However, White may just help out and assist him in getting his feet wet at the college level. My thought is he comes in as a Defensive quality control guy that takes the reigns if Siravo leaves in the future. *He might have been the LB coach that was leaked by a recruit but who knows as things change fast. 

TE - Bob Wager will move into one of these roles with his experience. I believe only taking on one position group and recruiting would help acclimate him to college athletics. He will bring a wealth of knowledge to the room. He may end up not being one of the three positions left, but I am guessing he is and he takes on the TE room. 

If Wager is not TE coach it means we got Rhule's number one target and they will come from the NFL. It will not be the Panthers TE coach as he has been a mainstay in the League for a while now. 

Ok….but, we only have two more spots for full time coaches. So, we can’t have all three. 

• Plus1 2

27 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Rhule 

Teams get one head coach with 10 assistant coaches for on the field coaching duties. The S&C guy does not count toward the 10. As stated above Nebraska has 3 open positions to fill. 

https://www.si.com/college/2022/06/29/college-football-ncaa-committee-will-keep-staff-limitations-this-season#:~:text=Football staffs are limited to,the sidelines in different roles.

• Plus1 3

Thought it might be of interest to some - Huskers.com has updated the coaching staff with some new names. It looks like they haven't removed anybody beyond the on-field coaching staff from last year, so Ron Brown, Steve Cooper, etc. are still on there as analysts, but who knows if all those folks are staying or not. But the names without headshots appear to all be new faces. Nice to put the titles to the names I guess

image.thumb.png.4781a1e4b200b891f04c09470b8e7a2b.png

image.png.2ad2461605d04d8557fff01ca834009f.png

image.png.49ca2c703cb5ac4f48dd369091119af2.png

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Teams get one head coach with 10 assistant coaches for on the field coaching duties. The S&C guy does not count toward the 10. As stated above Nebraska has 3 open positions to fill. 

https://www.si.com/college/2022/06/29/college-football-ncaa-committee-will-keep-staff-limitations-this-season#:~:text=Football staffs are limited to,the sidelines in different roles.

Thanks for the clarification.  

• Oh Yeah! 1