New Head Coaching Staff Selections (Coordinators)

7 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

I'm guessing Raiola didn't get to teach his style of Oline play due to what Whipple and Frost wanted.  He very well could turn out to be a great coach if his teachings match up to what Rhule is looking for.  

dbts.gif

7 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Our line was slow & lacked agility.  I think this has more to do with S&C. 

This doesn't have a goddamn thing to do with S&C.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

If you listen to the podcast I posted in the Rhule hired thread, he talks a bit about hiring guys you're familiar with and know you can work successfully with. He said he thinks he made a few mistakes with his Panthers staff by hiring guys for their experience and not being familiar with them personally. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, GSG said:

If you listen to the podcast I posted in the Rhule hired thread, he talks a bit about hiring guys you're familiar with and know you can work successfully with. He said he thinks he made a few mistakes with his Panthers staff by hiring guys for their experience and not being familiar with them personally. 

Yeah, it was good.  I mentioned in another thread about the OC... that just because it doesn't work out all hunky-dory-like separately, once you get back working together again it's like being with fam.  Same goals, purpose, vision, direction, understanding, fundamentals, and game management.  Although I did not say it like that :lol:

I read on good ol twitter that Satterfield, Barthel, Cooper, and Foley have all been recruiting coordinators in other stops. I think that shows that we’re going to see some extremely aggressive recruiting from this staff. Rhule has a track record of high quality player development and it’s hard not to get excited about what this team will look like in 2 or 3 years

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Gorillahawk said:

I read on good ol twitter that Satterfield, Barthel, Cooper, and Foley have all been recruiting coordinators in other stops. I think that shows that we’re going to see some extremely aggressive recruiting from this staff. Rhule has a track record of high quality player development and it’s hard not to get excited about what this team will look like in 2 or 3 years

Good. We need great player development. But, the better the athlete is they are starting with…the better. 

11 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

I've also seen that the offensive coaches have coached multiple positions.   I think that perspective of coaching different positions will help them teach the position group they are working with much better.  It's a very well rounded and young group.   Once he names his last 4, i think we will have a very dynamic staff that will be able to do some great things.

Any speculation on who the DC might be?  Since we have not heard much, could it be a DC that is still coaching this weekend like Glenn Schumann?  Or maybe we are working on Leonhard?

I think a stud DC hire will help retain some current players on the fence regarding the state of the program, and it will attract quite a bit of new talent. Someday it would be great to have Suh as a defensive assistant in some capacity. 

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Any speculation on who the DC might be?  Since we have not heard much, could it be a DC that is still coaching this weekend?  

I think a stud DC hire will help retain some current players on the fence regarding the state of the program, and it will attract quite a bit of new talent. Someday it would be great to have Suh as a defensive assistant in some capacity. 

Now that Mickey freed up some money for us, I'd like to see us make another run at Elijah Robinson as DC/DL with a bigger offer.   It'll really help Knighton to work with someone with a little more experience and he's an amazing recruiter and would be a great addition to the staff.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1