New Head Coaching Staff Selections (Coordinators)

2 minutes ago, sho said:

Now that Mickey freed up some money for us, I'd like to see us make another run at Elijah Robinson as DC/DL with a bigger offer.   It'll really help Knighton to work with someone with a little more experience and he's an amazing recruiter and would be a great addition to the staff.

Agree we need to spend big on a DC.  I would love Robinson on the staff but it does not appear he has prior DC experience.  Perhaps a promotion to DC would entice him though.

https://12thman.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/elijah-robinson/1434

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Agree we need to spend big on a DC.  I would love Robinson on the staff but it does not appear he has prior DC experience.  Perhaps a promotion to DC would entice him though.

https://12thman.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/elijah-robinson/1434

I think that's the only way you will be able to pull him away from aTm.  Have to give him the promotion.  His career progression is on track, that's his next step.  Lateral move makes no sense for him.

4 minutes ago, JWHusker said:

Love Robinson but not sure about him as DC.

The biggest question I still have is who is going to be responsible with overhauling our OLine. Rhule said himself that his focus will be on winning in the trenches. What coach can we trust to accomplish that feat?

Rhule and Frost really aren't any different in what they said about recruiting, whether in be at the line of scrimmage or with speed.

TBD.

8 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Rhule and Frost really aren't any different in what they said about recruiting, whether in be at the line of scrimmage or with speed.

TBD.

So, what you really mean to say is that Coach Rhule, Scott Frost, Nick Saban, Kirby Smart, Ryan Day, Lincoln Riley, Dabo Swinney, Tom Osborne, Bobby Bowden, Bear Bryant etc., aren't any different in what they said about recruiting, whether it be at the line of scrimmage or with speed?  

I see your point maybe?....  TBD indeed. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, admo said:

So, what you really mean to say is that Coach Rhule, Scott Frost, Nick Saban, Kirby Smart, Ryan Day, Lincoln Riley, Dabo Swinney, Tom Osborne, Bobby Bowden, Bear Bryant etc., aren't any different in what they said about recruiting, whether it be at the line of scrimmage or with speed?  

I see your point maybe?....  TBD indeed. 

I think it's likely we are saying the same things about what others have said.

I'm just not sure if you're ahead in drinks or if I am.

16 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I think it's likely we are saying the same things about what others have said.

I'm just not sure if you're ahead in drinks or if I am.

Not yet my friend!  I am trying to decide between pulled pork or red meat on the grill.  Then a sip or 2 of scotch (night cap) with the golf channel.  :)

3 minutes ago, admo said:

Not yet my friend!  I am trying to decide between pulled pork or red meat on the grill.  Then a sip or 2 of scotch (night cap) with the golf channel.  :)

Damn!  We are on a similar path for the evening. 

I've had dinner but it's whiskey and the Golf Channel to close out the night 

• Oh Yeah! 1

I'm a little surprised that Peetz hasn't been announced yet.  But, I think I remember Rhule saying he wanted his staff in place by today so they could be out recruiting.  This makes me believe that the DC, OL, LB and WR coaches are still coaching somewhere where they can't leave immediately.  So, they are probably on successful teams.....which I like.

• Plus1 1

For OL coach, hear me out. Rhule is tight with Belichick. Belichick knows a lot of coaches very well, including one with OL coaching experience who may be looking for a new job - He's a little out of his depth in his current one. Brings Big ten experience, all that jazz. Our new OL coach is.. Brian Ferentz.

Please don't hurt me.

• Haha 3