New Head Coaching Staff Selections (Coordinators)

7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I say it's for 7 of the staff members.  It's missing the WR, TE, and LB coaches who were all hired later in the process.

I would assume with little experience those three are all around 300k each or below. So that leaves about 1 million for support staff if that's included in the 7 million figure originally thrown out. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Salaries for the 7 of the 10 full-time staff released.  This is $5.1M, and I doubt the remaining 3 positions will take up much of the remaining $7M budgeted pool.  Rhule must be getting quite a few members for his support staff.

Note that this doesn't include the strength coach yet, so my comment about a large support staff may be too soon to say.

Interesting variations between some of those numbers.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

16 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Seems to align with the coaches’ experience and roles on the staff. I am surprised that Satterfield is so much higher than White, but Satt appears to be Rhule’s right-hand man with this staff.

Raiola has been a full-time coach since 2017.  A GA two years before that.

Barthel has been a coach since 2017.  Front office two years before that.

Both are making less than Knighton, who has two fewer years as a coach and several fewer years being involved in the operation.

Both Raiola and Barthel are making half as much as Cooper who has been a coach for fewer years, though he's been in operations a bit longer.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, macroboy said:

Satterfield is so screwed!

Fans always blame the OC, even when they don’t know what they’re talking about.

He already has skeptics including in the media.

He’s making the most money.

He will be the target of so much angst.

LOL so true.  When a play doesn't work, or the offense struggles, the armchair beer fan knows it's always the OC's fault.  

(Although, sometimes we are right tho!)

Failed and Sucks: Jay Norvell, Shawn Watson, Beck, Langsdorf, Troy Walters, Lubick...  I mean even Coach Riley and Frost both took over play calling duties at times from the immense pressure.

Someone has to be blamed and our history shows we love to blame the OC. When something is working right it goes quietly unseen as the holder on extra points.