Wisconsin Week Pressers

5 hours ago, RedSavage said:

God.  Could Frost's qb recruiting have been any s#!ttier?  How are neither Haarberg or Torres good enough to beat out a walk-on

I remember a lot of fans thought Haarberg would have a chance to be the #2 QB as a true freshman in 2021, and potentially beat out Adrian for the starting job.  I know he was a project, but his lack of development is very depressing.

I will give Torres a free pass due to his knee injury suffered in high school, and limiting his reps & development.

EDIT:  Was listening to 1620 this afternoon and they made it sound Haarberg isn't anywhere near he needs to be to see the field, and there are questions why he is even trying to play QB at Nebraska.  That's rough.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Garrett Nelson coming back? Wants a chance to play under Urban Meyer?

18 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

God.  Could Frost's qb recruiting have been any s#!ttier?  How are neither Haarberg or Torres good enough to beat out a walk-on

Maybe he's a rare diamond in the rough?

• Oh Yeah! 1

Garrett Nelson lost his HC Frost. He liked playing for Mickey too, and has eligibility left. 

I think the young man is smart, keeping HIS OWN options open, and could go to transfer portal (maybe landing at KU or KSU or?). 

We cannot be disappointed or surprised if our best guys contemplate and calculate a better decision for them is to move to another place if they choose to.  It sucks, but I understand completely.  

16 hours ago, admo said:

Garrett Nelson lost his HC Frost. He liked playing for Mickey too, and has eligibility left. 

I think the young man is smart, keeping HIS OWN options open, and could go to transfer portal (maybe landing at KU or KSU or?). 

We cannot be disappointed or surprised if our best guys contemplate and calculate a better decision for them is to move to another place if they choose to.  It sucks, but I understand completely.  

Garrett Nelson isn't going to transfer.  Either he's going to hang it up, try to catch on to an NFL team, or play as a Husker.

I suspect he's going to be back next year as a Husker.