Wisconsin Week Pressers

37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Garrett Nelson isn't going to transfer.  Either he's going to hang it up, try to catch on to an NFL team, or play as a Husker.

I suspect he's going to be back next year as a Husker.

It could end up not being his choice if he is back or not.  I could see the new coach clearing out all the extra Covid year guys.

• Plus1 1

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

So....a new coach is going to come in and get rid of one of the most passionate and committed Husker's on the team.

(Maybe this should go in the "Unpopular Opinion" thread)

If I was the new coach I would clear house of the extra year guys.  Need to start the rebuild somewhere.  

It's great he is passionate and committed, but that hasn't gotten us anywhere as a team.

People act like he is some great player, but he has never even sniffed even an honorable mention all B1G.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If I was the new coach I would clear house of the extra year guys.  Need to start the rebuild somewhere.  

It's great he is passionate and committed, but that hasn't gotten us anywhere as a team.

People act like he is some great player, but he has never even sniffed even an honorable mention all B1G.

I get what you are saying, but I don't have an issue with Nelson coming back.  He's not a great player, but he is a starter and there hasn't been a lot of guys pushing for playing time behind him (thanks a lot recruiting & development).  Nelson also seems like the type of guy who will buy-in to the new coach no matter who he is and won't sabotage any message of flipping the culture.  That's just me guessing on that point though.

19 minutes ago, Red Five said:

He's not a great player, but he's still one of the best on the defense.  Now, if he comes back, it's the coach's job to either improve him or find someone better.  But, I don't why a coach would start by getting rid of one of the better players in a unit.

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Garrett Nelson isn't going to transfer.  Either he's going to hang it up, try to catch on to an NFL team, or play as a Husker.

I suspect he's going to be back next year as a Husker.

Yes I agree and I don't anticipate that.  But my point is that he can look at options, with NIL opportunity somewhere else, a winning team that wants him, and see how things turned out well for 2AM (9AM).  He will always be a Husker regardless.  

50 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Benning or sharpe introduced his name during the 2nd half of the Michigan game. After a dramatic pause, DB( I think) said he could sure zing it. I guess that’s good :dunno

He can “zing” it so good he hasn’t seen the field and nobody knows who he is. Zing.

• TBH 1