Nebrasketball @ St John's

Mavric

16 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Best defense I've seen from Nebraska in a long time for that first half. Then they completely stop doing that to start the 2nd. Not taking care of the basketball. Nebraska loses this game for sure.

If the officials stop swallowing their whistles,  NU will be fine.

I’ve only caught the occasional snippet of Nebraska basketball over the past few years, and been disappointed every time. I turned on the second half tonight and was pleasantly surprised to see a halftime lead over a Big East team. 

But then it was nothing but absolute dog$h!t. 

This product is f**king terrible, Hoiberg. Time to GTFO.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

I tuned in for the 2H. I was surprised to see we had a lead. Then it disappeared in like 4 minutes. They looked like a Jr High team trying to bring the ball up the court. Shouldn't be this bad in year 5(?) of a coaching tenure. Not sure what's going on. Not sure a coaching change will help since it seems like we're just always bad. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

That first half might be the best first half NU has played vs a P5 team in a long time.

Then SJ realized that NU has no one that can dribble. 

Great first half.  Enjoyable.  Exciting. 

Then 2nd half got real, real quick.  If we don't learn from this and get better, the Big Ten will be another long, painful year. :hmmph

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

My guess it that SJ's would finish like...10th, in the big ten...so might not be a good sign for NU

Yeah, this is like when the football team lost to NW and people started to say how great NW will be in the B1G.  Really? LOL Nope.  Not in that situation and not now in basketball either.  Husker BB has a tough hill to climb

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1