*** Official Wisconsin Game Thread ***

Mavric

11 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Without a running game (O line just can’t block one good run Play out of five), you can’t win.  This team doesn’t quit but they seem resigned to losing - fire the athletic department psych people and start fresh.  It seems like all the teams (fb, bb, VB, etc) have more mental issues.   

Again, talent deficits are BOTH physical and mental apparently.   Considering the offense lacks 5 good players out of 11, it’s amazing we don’t get blown out.  

It's going to take more than getting more sleep, eating better and reassurance. Lol

1 minute ago, huskerfan74 said:

Seriously though, look at our posts from the end of last season, how many predicted this team would end up with 3-9? That should tell you how blind the decision makers at Nebraska have been thinking that Frost deserved another chance. With all due respect to Mickey, he might be a good recruiter and assistant coach but he is not HC ready yet. His body language this game did not scream winning and of course his team did not let him down. They found another way to lose even when the win was right there to be had.

At this point I wouldn’t even care if they brought back Scott Frost cause I don’t care what they do anymore 

Just now, huskerfan74 said:

Seriously though, look at our posts from the end of last season, how many predicted this team would end up with 3-9? That should tell you how blind the decision makers at Nebraska have been thinking that Frost deserved another chance. With all due respect to Mickey, he might be a good recruiter and assistant coach but he is not HC ready yet. His body language this game did not scream winning and of course his team did not let him down. They found another way to lose even when the win was right there to be had.

How would you feel if you were supervisor of a bunch incompetent workers and you could not fire them.  This is where mickey sets.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

How would you feel if you were supervisor of a bunch incompetent workers and you could not fire them.  This is where mickey sets.

The play calling and game management aren't on the kids. This was mind blowing decision making by Mickey I mean nit even taking the wind in the 4th quarter. He's a rah rah guy who's demonstrated he can't manage the small details that go along way as a HC

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 2
  • TBH 2
12 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Is it more embarrassing to get blow out or to lose by one point? I ask bc I never thought I ever think about that question.

Losing is losing. IMHO, I hate the way we lost today way more than how we lost to Michigan. This game was ours and we just gifted it to Wisconsin. That hurts more. Also, losing to Wisconsin 9 times in a row is s#!tty no matter how you slice it or dice it.

• Fire 2
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, Pedro G said:

I was at a bar where it was hard to hear. Did someone noticed the names on the screen? Are those the coaches considering Nebraska or is it the other way around? I noticed that Deion was one of the names. What were the announcers saying?

They showed the names of coaches that should get a interview to get hired and talked about minority coaches that should get hired. 

1 hour ago, chamrocck said:

Thank you, I was just thinking Pelini is not appreciated. Yes he has his warts and shortcomings but he put players on the field that competed much harder than what we have seen since he left.

Before and after Pelini.  The team quit on Callahan badly.  Pelini put an end to that.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
29 minutes ago, skeener said:

Before and after Pelini.  The team quit on Callahan badly.  Pelini put an end to that.

The team quit on Pelini a lot. He got blown out every year, and in those blowouts his teams just stopped competing.

People so thirsty for wins they're retconning the Pelini era.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
17 hours ago, knapplc said:

The team quit on Pelini a lot. He got blown out every year, and in those blowouts his teams just stopped competing.

People so thirsty for wins they're retconning the Pelini era.

Maybe for a game here and there.  But they never mailed in a season like they did with these other guys.

• Thanks 1