What Did We Learn - Wisconsin

Too many holes to fill with this team and I think you have to start also saying coaches (assistants) included.  I know I really enjoyed that run on 3rd and 18 just as one example. 

To get CT for one year only to have the worst Husker offensive line that I can remember just waiting for him here.  What could possibly go wrong?

Yea, the team plays well enough by year end to defeat early season opponents.  We have not been ready to play for any season opening in a long time when it begins.  And by the end, injuries and lack of depth take a toll.   Too much to overcome. 

The O line has YEARS of experience and ‘reps’ but is basically playing like first year players.

The one positive I can see is there are more younger guys. (Years 1,2,3) that are getting game reps.  Graduation won’t be a big problem.  Need to get 25-30 GOOD big boys and half a dozen others and hang on to most of the better athletes in this class.  

It’s a big rebuild project but honestly it’s not a total demo and restart imo.   A new HC with a true run game in his offense and couple it with some continued improvements in STs (punt returns, kick blocks mostly) and Defense (DTs, REs and safeties/nickles - talent talent talent), and we win 8-10 games.  

If weather is decent, these guys WIN Friday!   Just my hunch.  They were closer today to deserving to win vs a pretty decent team than in a long time.  

This game SHOULD encourage the next HC in that he can see what’s clearly needed and it’s not 5 stars.  It’s 3 star big bodies mostly.  It’s doable imo.  I’m more encouraged than I’ve been in 5 years.  

I think Mickey and this staff have coached this group pretty well.  They’re getting all these players have got.   

3-8 sucks but this team today is better than any we’ve had under Frost certainly.  Not good enough, as I said, but NOT quite as bad as many seem to think.  Jmo.  

• Fire 1

We run ZERO of these:

draws, traps, screens, QB option, hitches, reverses, pump n goes, or misdirections. 

our offense is the easiest to defend in the history of football. Also, our o-like sucks balls

what are we, like, 5-23 in one score games the last 5 yrs? One score games. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, I am I said:

We run ZERO of these:

draws, traps, screens, QB option, hitches, reverses, pump n goes, or misdirections. 

our offense is the easiest to defend in the history of football. Also, our o-like sucks balls

what are we, like, 5-23 in one score games the last 5 yrs? One score games. 

Great points and this is why I don't understand how come the coaches don't do that for players if the o-line stinks. Got to do something in order to succeed which they haven't.