What Did We Learn - Wisconsin

3 minutes ago, WWG1_we_GBR said:

I vote to cancel the Freedom Trophy for lack of interest. Also because we have never touched it. Therefore it is silly.

We need to cancel it anyway.  These forced, corporate trophies are incredibly lame. Give me a game playing for a bronze pig or an axe anyday over the HyVee We Love Farmers and America and Corn Heroes Trophy to Honor the Fallen Tractors and Our Grandparents game. Stupid.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I learned that I’m so f#&%ing tired of being this close.  

Im f#&%ing tired of it.  These players have no clue what it means to be close and FINISH. 

Hate to say it but we’re not close to anything. Thag Wisconsin team today is trash and we lose at home. Minnesota? Trash, lost at home

to a back up qb and injured Ibrahim. Illinois? Fringe top 25 team at best and we lost at home, going lifeless the final 3 quarters.  Embarrassed by a one win northwestern team. Barely squeak out wins against fcs level teams, Rutgers and Indiana.

we’re not close to s#!t

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

No time better than now. Who else will clean out the roster removing 2 and 3 stars with 4 and 5 stars. Nobody.

You want a splash hire?  Prime.  A guy who can recruit his a$$ off?  Prime.  Who can get talent ASAP?  Prime.  Who can get NU respectable in year 1?  Prime.  Listening to his interview about his son Sheduer potentially getting the FCS single season passing record. Deion said he doesn't care and doesn't think his son does either. It's  not about individual records.....Dude gets it.  His kids get it.  NU would get it.  The boosters don't like him?  screw them.  They are part of the reason we are in this mess to begin with. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

1 minute ago, gossamorharpy said:

Hate to say it but we’re not close to anything. Thag Wisconsin team today is trash and we lose at home. Minnesota? Trash, lost at home

to a back up qb and injured Ibrahim. Illinois? Fringe top 25 team at best and we lost at home, going lifeless the final 3 quarters.  Embarrassed by a one win northwestern team. Barely squeak out wins against fcs level teams, Rutgers and Indiana.

we’re not close to s#!t

When I say “this close”, it’s almost total sarcasm. Because this team can play teams close….but there is no way in hell they are winning the game. 

It’s like running a race with a three year old. You lead the whole way and then let them win in the end because you’re nice. I hope our O line went and gave them a big hug at the end. 

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

You want a splash hire?  Prime.  A guy who can recruit his a$$ off?  Prime.  Who can get talent ASAP?  Prime.  Who can get NU respectable in year 1?  Prime.  Listening to his interview about his son Sheduer potentially getting the FCS single season passing record. Deion said he doesn't care and doesn't think his son does either. It's  not about individual records.....Dude gets it.  His kids get it.  NU would get it.  The boosters don't like him?  screw them.  They are part of the reason we are in this mess to begin with. 

You forgot command of the English language…

3 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

we’re not close to s#!t

I'm not even depressed.  I am completely piXXed off.  We are complete bottom feeding joke. Imagine how bad Indy and Rutgers feel.  We suck in every phase of the game.  And have.  Fraud completely  destroyed this program.  Should've fired him for cause after the extra 2020 practices.  Be going into year 3 of improving instead of the wilderness we are in now.  

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

When I say “this close”, it’s almost total sarcasm. Because this team can play teams close….but there is no way in hell they are winning the game. 

It’s like running a race with a three year old. You lead the whole way and then let them win in the end because you’re nice. I hope our O line went and gave them a big hug at the end. 

I just hearken back to the days of how physical NU used to be.