What Did We Learn - Wisconsin

38 minutes ago, lo country said:

They are mentally weak as well.  But I do agree.  Complete quit today. No desire to bang in the 4th quarter.  To quote Sun Tzu-"Everyone wants to be a gansta, until it's time to do gangsta sh!t"  Might have been the Dahli Lama....

They are so mentally weak that you can see it happen on TV.  

They play well enough to be slightly ahead.  But, come 4th quarter, they know they are going to lose. They have no clue what to do to finish off a team and win. 

So f#&%ing frustrating. 

• TBH 1

34 minutes ago, lo country said:

I would like to add Hausman played a great game.  Imagine that dude with actual coaching....He could be something for sure IMHO.  

If he sticks around for a few more years (and I expect he will) I am going to mis-spell Hausmann so many times.  Either way, he played so well today.  He would be an awesome LB in the Big 12 where his athleticism in space would do great.  I still think he will end up being a very good Big Ten LB.  He will just need to figure out how to put on weight without losing speed and quickness.  That will be the ultimate balance.

1 minute ago, Comish said:

Also since we were the underdog with virtually nothing but pride to play for, I question twice not going for it on 4th and 2 mid-game.

I didn't have any problems with that.  It was early in the game.  NU was able to pin Wisconsin deep and force them go the long field.  Wisconsin wasn't going to hit many big plays.  The 2nd time NU punted, the D forced a turnover and set itself up with great field position, which led to a TD.

Going for it at midfield is different than going for it from the 20-40.  Going for it at midfield still requires moving the ball more to get into scoring position.  Going for it from the 20-40 provides a greater chance of scoring a TD rather than a FG, or not flipping the field position very much.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If he sticks around for a few more years (and I expect he will) I am going to mis-spell Hausmann so many times.  Either way, he played so well today.  He would be an awesome LB in the Big 12 where his athleticism in space would do great.  I still think he will end up being a very good Big Ten LB.  He will just need to figure out how to put on weight without losing speed and quickness.  That will be the ultimate balance.

Jason Peter-jason Peters

Tommie Frazier-Tommy Frasier

Grant Wistrom-Grant Winstrom

Ernest Hausmann-Ernest Hausman/Haussman

If only inability to get a name correctly could result in similar performance.  Of course I spelled Mike Riley, Mike Rielly and then finally Loser:lol:

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Need to get him working with Duval. That should get things headed in the right direction :lol:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
40 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

They are so mentally weak that you can see it happen on TV.  

They play well enough to be slightly ahead.  But, come 4th quarter, they know they are going to lose. They have no clue what to do to finish off a team and win. 

So f#&%ing frustrating. 

Should we blame Whipple or the guy with the ball in his hand who hands it to the RB knowing that a blitz is coming right at him? Or who never seems to have a decent outlet pass? I think there's a lot of blame to pass around on a fundamentally poor team. It's easy to blame Whipple's lackluster plays, but beyond that who are we kidding.