What Did We Learn - Wisconsin

11 minutes ago, lo country said:

Jason Peter-jason Peters

Tommie Frazier-Tommy Frasier

Grant Wistrom-Grant Winstrom

Ernest Hausmann-Ernest Hausman/Haussman

If only inability to get a name correctly could result in similar performance.  Of course I spelled Mike Riley, Mike Rielly and then finally Loser:lol:

I thought it was the guy from Paper Chase.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Comish said:

Also since we were the underdog with virtually nothing but pride to play for, I question twice not going for it on 4th and 2 mid-game.

I did too. The first one looked like we got a bad spot and it was more like 4th and 3 so I understood. But the second one was makeable but then again our OL, woof.

5 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Should we blame Whipple or the guy with the ball in his hand who hands it to the RB knowing that a blitz is coming right at him? Or who never seems to have a decent outlet pass? I think there's a lot of blame to pass around on a fundamentally poor team. It's easy to blame Whipple's lackluster plays, but beyond that who are we kidding.

Agree. We have the worst OL in P5 so it’s not all Whip. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I did too. The first one looked like we got a bad spot and it was more like 4th and 3 so I understood. But the second one was makeable but then again our OL, woof.

Im glad bc the play calling for both of those plays never happened. All year same old same old. Yes I question why they didn't go but understand the play calling or the plays we have suck.

Just now, chamrocck said:

But it all starts up front as they say. CT is pretty good IMO. Grant is decent but gets no blocking help whatsoever.

I'm looking at this one stupid draw play that Whipple called. Eight guys were rushing. The line can't block that many. CT could see that one was coming right at AG but he sticks the ball in there anyway. Crouch don't do that. Frazier don't do that. CT can throw a good pass but he's over-rated as a QB. There's plenty of blame to go around on this weak team. Even big stud receiver drops passes like Chad dropping Tinder girls. Did we run a single freaking sweep? Could we?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I'm looking at this one stupid draw play that Whipple called. Eight guys were rushing. The line can't block that many. CT could see that one was coming right at AG but he sticks the ball in there anyway. Crouch don't do that. Frazier don't do that. CT can throw a good pass but he's over-rated as a QB. There's plenty of blame to go around on this weak team. Even big stud receiver drops passes like Chad dropping Tinder girls. Did we run a single freaking sweep? Could we?

Agree our play designs are lackluster. The sweep man never gets the ball, we don’t even fake the handoff. I think we don’t have the blocking to sweep, it’s just bad and I’m tired of accepting it. Such is where we are at. 

29 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

That was a case of "Tell me you have ZERO faith in your OL without telling me you have ZERO faith in your OL' type call.  Twice IIRC......

6 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Agree our play designs are lackluster. The sweep man never gets the ball, we don’t even fake the handoff. I think we don’t have the blocking to sweep, it’s just bad and I’m tired of accepting it. Such is where we are at. 

This 8 years of complete sh!t show.  Time for the admn to step up and support the team as much as the fans.  HIRE a frigging winner.  Hold coaches and staff accountable.  Set very precise acceptable metrics.  Tells the boosters to F O.  Let the coach run the program.  I still tell myself, other teams wanted Fraud, not his staff. But we took it all.  And set some dudes up for life....

48 minutes ago, irafreak said:

I've learned that fans will demand the sellout streak to end in a desperate hope to feel some kind of control. The team sucks and has sucked for years...you know who hasn't sucked? The fans. Give up the sellout streak? Yeah let's suck too. That'll show em.

True individual fans have not kept it alive. Boosters with deep pockets purchased the tickets that NOBODY ELSE WANTED. It is like the guy from Nebraska bragging about having a sexual affair with his teacher in high school just to find out that he was home schooled. Yes, technically he got laid, but......................................

If there was ever a chance to beat the Hawks, it will be next week. The Hawks have been lucky for the past 2 years. Hopefully the Husker players will look at it as their bowl game and come to Iowa City with an attitude. Low scoring, but it could be a dog fight!