What Did We Learn - Wisconsin

1 minute ago, WWG1_we_GBR said:

what happens after reconfiguration of the conference? We can't beat Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Purdue and Minnesota...are we going to fare better against Michigan, OSU, PSU, Michigan State? USC? Maybe a 3rd, non-competitive division with us, UCLA, Rutgers, Northwesters and Indiana would be better.

Unless we get a dude.  We become even worse.  We will get some great out of conference games so other teams can beat the crap out of us.  Like some drunk dudes fighting the toothless bear at the circus.  

First time I was annoyed with a loss since Chinander was fired. 

I know we're coaching with backups, but can't for the life of me understand what they saw in the 2nd half that made them think trying to run clock with 5 minutes left and put the game in the hands of the D was the recipe for victory.

Really needed to maintain aggressive offensively after their last TD. Was clear we couldn't run or stop the run.

Definitely haven't learned how purposefully ending the sellout streak somehow helps the program.

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

They don’t even need to as physical as the 80s or 90s.  Just have some f#&%ing pride in going out and finishing a game. 

They are mentally weak as well.  But I do agree.  Complete quit today. No desire to bang in the 4th quarter.  To quote Sun Tzu-"Everyone wants to be a gansta, until it's time to do gangsta sh!t"  Might have been the Dahli Lama....

• Oh Yeah! 1
3 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

First time I was annoyed with a loss since Chinander was fired. 

I know we're coaching with backups, but can't for the life of me understand what they saw in the 2nd half that made them think trying to run clock with 5 minutes left and put the game in the hands of the D was the recipe for victory.

Really needed to maintain aggressive offensively after their last TD. Was clear we couldn't run or stop the run.

Definitely haven't learned how purposefully ending the sellout streak somehow helps the program.

Until the staff and players "play to win" and not "play to not lose" we will continually get our a$$es handed to us.

He brings higher caliber players to a lower level to play and excels. Wouldn’t happen in the b10 to such a degree imo. 

15 minutes ago, lo country said:

You want a splash hire?  Prime.  A guy who can recruit his a$$ off?  Prime.  Who can get talent ASAP?  Prime.  Who can get NU respectable in year 1?  Prime.  Listening to his interview about his son Sheduer potentially getting the FCS single season passing record. Deion said he doesn't care and doesn't think his son does either. It's  not about individual records.....Dude gets it.  His kids get it.  NU would get it.  The boosters don't like him?  screw them.  They are part of the reason we are in this mess to begin with. 

1.  All 5 OLine starters should not see the field next year.

2.  No one on the team seems to have any football smarts.  Left guard had no idea what a chip block was before going to second level, CT has no understanding of forcing the ball downfield when there is only 30 seconds left in the game, MJ can’t understand game management, etc….

3.  NU has been horrid for years and lost so many games by losing the final 2 minutes in both halves of games over the years 

4.  TA better get a dynamic coach that can get talent into the program.  
5.  Grant is good but man, can he quit running sideline to sideline trying to break every long run.   Multiple times today he could have had 3-4 yards more if he just puts his head down and takes on secondary contact. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

Just now, KCBuc said:

He brings higher caliber players to a lower level to play and excels. Wouldn’t happen in the b10 to such a degree imo. 

he has a roster of 57 kids IIRC.  8 are 4 or 5 star kids.  He excels because he gets better talent. And develops those kids.  I agree he'd be going against teams with better/equal talent, but he has the "it" factor that can't be taught or factored in.  I'd give him a shot tbh.  Even at his worst, I think we go bowling every year.