BEAT IOWA

6 hours ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

I live in Iowa and the Hawkeyes have one of the worst fan bases out there.  I'd love nothing more than Nebraska beating them, but this game screams a one score loss and a similar point total to this Wisconsin game.  I have zero confidence in this team winning.

That's funny right there! Huskers claim to be the "greatest fans" but take a look at all of the pages of these boards over the past 20 years and you will see nothing but negative comments about the coaching, the AD's, the refs, the opposing fans, the opposing players, and even your OWN players. Some great fans.

It is easy to be a great fan when you are steam rolling everybody in a fairly weak conference, year in and year out. It is easy to be a great fan when a staff looks the other way to allow criminals to play. It is easy to be a great fan and applaud the opposing team as the come off the field at Memorial Stadium after getting beat up for 4 quarters (remember those days?). 

Iowa has never had the success of the past Huskers, but we have also not been a dumpster fire like todays team. Yea, we also b!^@h and complain, BUT, at the same time do not claim to be the "greatest" fans. We will tailgate with the best in the country, fill our stands most every game (the fake sellout streak is another story!), and enjoy just making a bowl game to get someplace warm in the winter.

Huskers do have a chance on Friday as the Iowa Offense sucks. The Husker offense sucks just a bit less. Our D and special teams will make the difference. See you on Friday! (assuming you are a great fan and will be at the game)  

4 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

That's funny right there! Huskers claim to be the "greatest fans" but take a look at all of the pages of these boards over the past 20 years and you will see nothing but negative comments about the coaching, the AD's, the refs, the opposing fans, the opposing players, and even your OWN players. Some great fans.

It is easy to be a great fan when you are steam rolling everybody in a fairly weak conference, year in and year out. It is easy to be a great fan when a staff looks the other way to allow criminals to play. It is easy to be a great fan and applaud the opposing team as the come off the field at Memorial Stadium after getting beat up for 4 quarters (remember those days?). 

Iowa has never had the success of the past Huskers, but we have also not been a dumpster fire like todays team. Yea, we also b!^@h and complain, BUT, at the same time do not claim to be the "greatest" fans. We will tailgate with the best in the country, fill our stands most every game (the fake sellout streak is another story!), and enjoy just making a bowl game to get someplace warm in the winter.

Huskers do have a chance on Friday as the Iowa Offense sucks. The Husker offense sucks just a bit less. Our D and special teams will make the difference. See you on Friday! (assuming you are a great fan and will be at the game)  

Show me where anyone on this board claims we are the greatest fans.  That's something etched into the stadium as a marketing slogan.  The only ones who bring it up are gloating bird brains.

I hope you enjoy watching the Hawks get beat by 40 again on national TV in the B1G championship game. 

12 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

Thanks for being a troll!!! 

Just now, Huskerfollower4life said:

Thanks for being a troll!!! 

or a tool!!! Who knows not me?????

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

If we watched the same game which we did that was and still has been their whole playbook all season. Very predictable, very vanilla no screen passes, no trick plays, nothing. I like your way of thinking of saving the good stuff but we don't have any bc we would have called it already. I had hope this offense was going to get better but unfortunately not with Mark Whipple bc its very plain and simple. Who ever is the USC offense coordinator we should study that offensive bc they were on fire last night. Now I know we need players to execute those plays but you have to have the plays in the playbook to attract those players. I can't tell you in Anthony Grant even has any catches this year bc it certainly doesn't seem like it.  Those are the things that have really hurt the offense not taking advantage of the playmakers we have on the team.

You do know he was being sarcastic? That's what the "/s" was for.

• TBH 1

30 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Show me where anyone on this board claims we are the greatest fans.  That's something etched into the stadium as a marketing slogan.  The only ones who bring it up are gloating bird brains.

I hope you enjoy watching the Hawks get beat by 40 again on national TV in the B1G championship game. 

I do not think the D will give up 40, BUT, in order to win an offense needs to score points, which the Hawks have struggled with. I say Hawks lose 28-10 in the Championship game (assuming they make it).

32 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

I do not think the D will give up 40, BUT, in order to win an offense needs to score points, which the Hawks have struggled with. I say Hawks lose 28-10 in the Championship game (assuming they make it).

You do have a good D, may shut us out, but you did give up 54 to Ohio State once already this season remember.  Going from 54 to 28 is significant.

2 hours ago, CyHawk said:

Not much point in watching the game, we know the narative.  Not much point in going to the game either Been to kinnick for a iowa st game and yea fans are pretty much the biggest douchbags ive ever meet.  Also there fair weather fans, youll see plenty of Husker gear year round in nebraska but here in iowa as the team starts to do worse the colors become less and less just like there stadium.  

And we are the greatest fans, because the state consists of some of the greatest people which is where that narative really comes from.  .  But alot of that is a midwest thing.

We really are going to compare criminal players vs criminal players. And were going to compare coaches to coaches

Despite what ever you want to say, despite whatever you want to do here.  Ill tell you one thing, you have never been here not yet.  Because if your own teams stubborn ness to change, because of having the same coach with the same narative for almost 40 years with the last two coaches.  I will tell you what, and this is from the bottom of my heart.  Once you taste the Champaign, nothing ever tastes the same.  

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

4 hours ago, runningblind said:

You do have a good D, may shut us out, but you did give up 54 to Ohio State once already this season remember.  Going from 54 to 28 is significant.

The offense still is bad, but it is far better than the first meeting. The reason that they will not put up 54 again is simply because our offense will be on the field longer and each possession will not be a 3 and out.