BEAT IOWA

36 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

We will be up by 2 with a minute to go in the 4th, throw an INT in the RedZone and Iowa will kick us in the nuts with a 43 yard fg to win by 1.  We suck, we don't know how to win.

I predict Thompson is out of the game by half-time. Our Oline can't protect a thing and everyone knows all they have to do is pin their ears back and go cuz Whipple won't call screens to slow them down.

• Plus1 2

On 11/21/2022 at 6:26 PM, Born N Bled Red said:

I predict Thompson is out of the game by half-time. Our Oline can't protect a thing and everyone knows all they have to do is pin their ears back and go cuz Whipple won't call screens to slow them down.

Whipple's play calling seems like he believes in the O-line.  That sounds funny, but the guy often calls between the guards plays on 3rd and long, as well as what you say about not deploying screen passes or quick opening draw plays much at all. That kind of play calling is confidence in the line to do the job.  Quite false confidence in our case, with a few notable exceptions here and there. 

4 minutes ago, Hagg said:

Whipple's play calling seems like he believes in the O-line.  That sounds funny, but the guy often calls between the guards plays on 3rd and long, as well as what you say about not deploying screen passes or quick opening draw plays much at all. That kind of play calling is confidence in the line to do the job.  Quite false confidence in our case, with a few notable exceptions here and there. 

I disagree. I think he calls those plays because he DOES NOT believe in the line. - A running play on third and long is the ultimate tuck tail call. You call it so you don't risk field position or  a turnover trying to force a third down conversion. And you know it has a minimal chance of success. 

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

I disagree. I think he calls those plays because he DOES NOT believe in the line. - A running play on third and long is the ultimate tuck tail call. You call it so you don't risk field position or  a turnover trying to force a third down conversion. And you know it has a minimal chance of success. 

Man I'm having trouble with that.  But it's interesting to think that he'd be smart enough to have that sort of logic going on.  "Tuck tail call" is a concept we've seen often then, as we watch our guys in those situations.   But I still think he's living in that old football world of "just tell them to get it done and shove it down their throats.. you can do it!  blah.. "   My take seems more Husker like.  Yours seems more realistic as I think about it, though. 

• Plus1 1

On 11/23/2022 at 8:57 AM, Torgan said:

Nebraska is done at this point.  Nothing left to play for, including pride.  Exceptionally poor line play, injuries and lack of depth, will make Nebraska look like... well Nebraska.  Hawkeye's win this one easily.  21-6.

BS - pride is always worth fighting for, especially for a P5 college football program.

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Beating Iowa and denying them a trip to big ten championship game would be the highlight of this season and will help close out a horrible season that will go down as hopefully when we hit Rock bottom. I said HOPEFULLY!

I sucks to say it, but it would be the highlight win of the Frost error.  Great for those guys on the team that have stood with the Huskers.  A great send off.....Something Frost was unable to do....Or Riley...