If the hire is a border coach how long is the rebuild?

I ask the question bc I could see a border coach taking a long time to rebuild this program. At least 2-3 years it will take that's my belief. I don't see us making much improvement in year one for sure so that's why I said 2-3 years. If its not a border coach and it is a well established coach then I could see year one improvement. Are the fans ok with waiting that long for improvement and supporting the administration and coaches?  

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

This wasn’t appropriate for the new HC thread?  A question based on a hypothetical…when we’ll likely know who the new coach actually is in 4-6 days.

thumb_lets-take-5-to-10-off-over-there-s

And besides the real goal isn't to  hire a real good coach but to get the HC thread up to 800 pages.  Threads like this only distract from that goal;)

2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I ask the question bc I could see a border coach taking a long time to rebuild this program. At least 2-3 years it will take that's my belief. I don't see us making much improvement in year one for sure so that's why I said 2-3 years. If its not a border coach and it is a well established coach then I could see year one improvement. Are the fans ok with waiting that long for improvement and supporting the administration and coaches?  

Nope, not me. All these other hot up and coming programs had a coach that was winning by year two (sometimes year one). That's why we need Urban -- he'd pluck 5 star talent from the portal non stop before next season. A big name at coach attracts big talent.

Any hire that isn't Urban is a HUGE miss to me.

If it is the Northern border, I am not sure.  Do they even have a coach?  The Southwestern border doesn't have a coach for sure.  The eastern border would be a gigantic fail.  The western border would have us win 7 games eternally.  That southeastern border is intriguing.  Mo has been ok with that guy.  Maybe a 3 year rebuild with him.  That southern border is the one... some say he would have us turned around next year.  

OK, guys. I did my own research and discovered the coach could be coming from any of these states - states that border other countries and states that border Nebraska. So here's where OP thinks our coach is coming from. 

zun8XE2.png

It can't be "states with borders" because that's every state (well, maybe not Hawaii). The wildcard here may be that "state" refers to "state of mind," at which point I, again, have no idea what a border state would be. 

• Haha 1