If the hire is a border coach how long is the rebuild?

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Or, god forbid, what if he abbreviated “borderline”?

Dang! What if we get a borderline coach? How long would we give THAT guy? I’m thinking 10 to 12 years is the floor for a borderline coach.

But what if it is a person with Borderline Personality Disorder??:blink:   They may last 3 months and leave. 

Probably repeating  what a lot of people have said??? but don't have long, so I didn't read ....

A "re-build" will probably take 3-4 years for anyone.  A border guy may be what we need, because they are DEVELOPERS of players and don't rely on recruiting 5* who sometimes flame out or transfer at the first time of adversity.  Plus, if you rely on the portal and grad transfers, you will end up like Sparty and be an up and down flash in the pan, not a consistent contender. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

OK, guys. I did my own research and discovered the coach could be coming from any of these states - states that border other countries and states that border Nebraska. So here's where OP thinks our coach is coming from. 

zun8XE2.png

It can't be "states with borders" because that's every state (well, maybe not Hawaii). The wildcard here may be that "state" refers to "state of mind," at which point I, again, have no idea what a border state would be. 

MAPS!

• Haha 3

Rebuild will take 2-4 years depending on the coach and their ability to recruit.  They need to start with the lines and work their way outward.  A name coach will have a better ability to bring in from all areas the talent needed, whereas a mid tier coach will take longer.  Either way I still expect to see some positive results on the field, even if that is stronger line play and not seeing our O and D lines get pushed back 5-7 yards from the LOS.  Again it will all depend on who is hired as coach.