Scott Frost's first game

BoNeyard

14 minutes ago, admo said:

Frost caught lightening in a bottle at UCF.  

Against Akron, lightening took it back.

:corndance:corndance

It crossed my mind multiple times over his tenure that the Akron storm butterflied that regime. "Where would the Huskers be had that storm not passed over Lincoln?" I'd ask. 

As it turns out, they'd still be in Lincoln. And they'd also be terrible, because only when a regime is over do we plebs hear the wacky s#!t these wackjobs do with their widdlydo's.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BoNeyard said:

I still think that had the Akron game been played it would have been a very different era for Frost. Hell, I still think had that game been played he could very well still be here today and we are talking about beating Iowa to seal a Big Ten West division title. 

That day was the football God's entering this Earth and preventing what was to be. 

That cancellation probably gave us an extra win that year because we were able to schedule Bethune-Cookman in their place.

• TBH 1
21 minutes ago, C-4 said:

It crossed my mind multiple times over his tenure that the Akron storm butterflied that regime. "Where would the Huskers be had that storm not passed over Lincoln?" I'd ask. 

As it turns out, they'd still be in Lincoln. And they'd also be terrible, because only when a regime is over do we plebs hear the wacky s#!t these wackjobs do with their widdlydo's.

Yep, and also the opening game against BYU.  Riley said he had them practicing against the Hail Mary pass on Thursday, and the players knew their positions and what to do...... but yet....  :hmmph   And the game against Illinois when he called "bootleg, no pass option" and Armstrong threw the ball.

How about an opener at Illinois last year?

How about an opener in Ireland against a very bad Northwestern team? On side kick with a lead?  Really ?? 3rd quarter ??

The signs and bad mojo have been a force upon the Huskers for a while now. Like, whatever could go wrong, will go wrong. 

Hopefully next year will be a good sign for once lol

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, BoNeyard said:

I still think that had the Akron game been played it would have been a very different era for Frost. Hell, I still think had that game been played he could very well still be here today and we are talking about beating Iowa to seal a Big Ten West division title. 

That day was the football God's entering this Earth and preventing what was to be. 

I was also at that game.  I've had the conversation many times if that would've changed the Frost trajectory.  I'm not sure i've ever seen the stadium that hyped and the game hadn't even started.  The atmosphere was there for something special to happen and then you felt the wind come completely out of the sails when they cancelled it.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

I was there too. Was lucky enough to get a media pass and film the game, just for fun so no pressure. Was my first time ever shooting football and part of the reason I'm so bummed about Frost is I never got to do anything with that footage :lol:

Here's two of the clips for posterity

https://imgur.com/07qyiyy

https://imgur.com/6BCJuKH

very nice camera work.  I like that slow motion

Fun fact - I went to Frost's first game against Colorado. For the record, I didn't have a single alcoholic drink that day.

Near the end of the 3rd quarter and into the 4th, I started having vision issues like I've never had before. I started seeing a small black mass everywhere I looked. And if I looked directly at a player on the field, it was almost like they'd disappear and I'd just see the grass in front of/behind them.

By the time the game ended, I had the worst headache of my life, the continued vision issues, and nausea. I had to lay on a campus bench for almost 30 minutes to collect myself after I got out of the stadium. When we got to the parking garage, I threw up in a trash can.

TLDR I got my first migraine ever that day. It was awful. I spent my entire evening on my couch with the lights off, in misery. If that's not foreshadowing...

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
52 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Fun fact - I went to Frost's first game against Colorado. For the record, I didn't have a single alcoholic drink that day.

Near the end of the 3rd quarter and into the 4th, I started having vision issues like I've never had before. I started seeing a small black mass everywhere I looked. And if I looked directly at a player on the field, it was almost like they'd disappear and I'd just see the grass in front of/behind them.

By the time the game ended, I had the worst headache of my life, the continued vision issues, and nausea. I had to lay on a campus bench for almost 30 minutes to collect myself after I got out of the stadium. When we got to the parking garage, I threw up in a trash can.

TLDR I got my first migraine ever that day. It was awful. I spent my entire evening on my couch with the lights off, in misery. If that's not foreshadowing...

So my secret super duper migraine laser video camera worked!

11 hours ago, The Whale said:

I don't think Frost ever truly committed to winning here. The guy USED TO BE a great coach. I believe his personal commitment to excellence fluctuated between 50%-80% while here.

Scott had the potential - the abilities, to be successful here. But for some reason (fear of failure, fear of success, imposter's syndrome -- a mix of these?) he never committed - he didn't follow through.

Disagree he was never a good coach. He got lucky that year he went 13-0 his defense sucked but was opportunistic.  He had the benefit of have better athletes than most teams in his conference. That wasn't the case in the B1G. He didn't have the coaches that could develope the talent nor make the proper adjustments

10 hours ago, Husker816 said:

Disagree he was never a good coach. He got lucky that year he went 13-0 his defense sucked but was opportunistic.  He had the benefit of have better athletes than most teams in his conference. That wasn't the case in the B1G. He didn't have the coaches that could develope the talent nor make the proper adjustments

Even when you have better athletes most games you don't get lucky for 13 straight games. There was something there within his scheming or coaching talent that did not translate or come with him to Lincoln. 

• Plus1 1

On 11/23/2022 at 7:40 PM, Enhance said:

Wow... What was it ????  

Someone slipped you a cheap roofie in your water bottle or whatever.  I am most certain (guessing).  

As someone who has suffered from migraines as long as I can remember, I felt this.

Dehydration is a major trigger for me, I've come to learn.  I don't know if that was your problem that day but that's the first thing I tell people. Drink lots of water.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

I honestly thought you were describing what led up to a stroke.  Migraine's are bad enough I hear, but that would have been much worse of course. 

That Colorado loss didn't give me a headache but it did continue to set the stage for what was to transpire here for the next few years looking back.  Going in there talking about revenge this and redemption that.. yeah, right. 

We were trashed by coaches long before Frost, but in that first rained out game at home we honestly witnessed an encapsulated version of what a waste of time and money he turned out to be for Nebraska. 

• Plus1 1