Nebraska HC is... Call Your Shot

admo

New HC of Nebraska is... Call Your Shot!  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Similar to Kiffin. I can see Aranda  possibly emerging from the smoke. 

There was a lot of talk about Aranda and now nothing. 

That's what I am thinking.  Aranda or Fickell.  Maybe Klieman.  Someone not really mentioned a lot.  Odd that Rhule was in, then out and in again.  Can't imagine we stick with a guy that we couldn't "land" the first go round.  I realize contracts take time, but it appeared from those "in the know" that we or he had parted ways....

• Fire 1
8 minutes ago, lo country said:

That's what I am thinking.  Aranda or Fickell.  Maybe Klieman.  Someone not really mentioned a lot.  Odd that Rhule was in, then out and in again.  Can't imagine we stick with a guy that we couldn't "land" the first go round.  I realize contracts take time, but it appeared from those "in the know" that we or he had parted ways....

I would add this though. For Rhule, coaching is a ministry of sorts to him. That’s the driving force behind his interest to return to coaching. It’s very much like his dad. They see it as a way of influencing lives. I wouldn’t underestimate that. He wants to get back to doing it.

When Rhule mentions his son, it’s important that his children experience a friendly fan base. Some of the things that went on at Carolina with respect to that hurt him. Nebraska likely appeals to him for that reason.

Another interesting bit us that his family was from Missouri. This region of the country has sentimental value to him. They moved to New York. It would be full circle for him representing a fresh start.

I had heard that Aranda was going to stay put and wait for a different opportunity in the future. How accurate that is I don’t know. And, that Kiffin truly is content where he’s at.

All said, we just don’t have a grasp of what’s been going on behind the scenes. It’s really hard to get a handle on it. 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Hasn't Colorado made a offer already to him plus they are a power 5 school which is their benefit. USF has the recruiting advantage.

Yes USF is in Prime's hunting-grounds, plus they'll admit some guys that CU would say no to and they're a G5 team.  They would be easier to turn around. CU is obviously the bigger program, has the advantage of being P5, but I really doubt Prime considers Colorado his forever-home. Either would be considered a stepping-stone, I can see him taking the stepping-stone with surer footing. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Danimal said:

Yes USF is in Prime's hunting-grounds, plus they'll admit some guys that CU would say no to and they're a G5 team.  They would be easier to turn around. CU is obviously the bigger program, has the advantage of being P5, but I really doubt Prime considers Colorado his forever-home. Either would be considered a stepping-stone, I can see him taking the stepping-stone with surer footing. 

I could too but he might jump at the opportunity to coach at a power 5 school to show the nation he can go anywhere and still be a great coach.

• Plus1 1