Huskers vs Oklahoma @ Orlando

Mavric

We gave up 40+ playing straight man in the 1st half....switched to a match up zone way late in the 1st and deep into the 2nd halves...only have up 28 in the 2nd half doing that.

Our defense isn't the main problem.   We are a bad offensive team.   Just not a lot of creativity as a staff.   Dribble hand offs/ball screen, hope for the best.  Or 1 on 1.  

D isn't great but they had to do something different, they were getting torched playing straight up man.

On the plus side...offensive rebounding has been better...we're getting a lot of practice at that!

1 minute ago, Cobra Kai said:

We gave up 40+ playing straight man in the 1st half....switched to a match up zone way late in the 1st and deep into the 2nd halves...only have up 28 in the 2nd half doing that.

Our defense isn't the main problem.   We are a bad offensive team.   Just not a lot of creativity as a staff.   Dribble hand offs/ball screen, hope for the best.  Or 1 on 1.  

D isn't great but they had to do something different, they were getting torched playing straight up man.

On the plus side...offensive rebounding has been better...we're getting a lot of practice at that!

Exactly. Man to man was not great, so we went zone.  We need to play better team offense & make free throws to win.

So, Fred comes in claiming we were going to see a high powered 5 out offense with great shooters that produce cuts to the basket. 

I can not imagine a more opposite offense. We have no shooters.  So, they drive, get caught in the lane surrounded by three defenders and never dish it back out to an open shooter.  

absolutely horrible.  

• Plus1 3

Fred recruited a point guard but so far he hasn't seen the court. We have a 3 playing the 1 spot while one guy tries to find a screen and three guys stand around. Blaise is a decent rebounder but if he gets an offensive rebound he never just goes back up strong and dunks....he just puts up a weak little 4 footer that usually misses. I just checked and it seems Fred didn't recruit a point guard, just a shooting guard. Why not Fred. Did you not realize all your point guards either left or graduated?

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

Fred recruited a point guard but so far he hasn't seen the court. We have a 3 playing the 1 spot while one guy tries to find a screen and three guys stand around. Blaise is a decent rebounder but if he gets an offensive rebound he never just goes back up strong and dunks....he just puts up a weak little 4 footer that usually misses. I just checked and it seems Fred didn't recruit a point guard, just a shooting guard. Why not Fred. Did you not realize all your point guards either left or graduated?

I like Blaise, but when he gets the ball, he needs to just go up strong.  Every time he gets it, he thinks he needs to do a double pump and that just gives defenders time to swarm around. Drives me crazy.  

Yesterday, he caught a great feed with nobody between him and the basket.  Double pumps, then can’t get the ball over his head.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1