*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***

Mavric

Just now, Rhuletheday said:

Rhule improved Baylor 6 wins from year one to year two.  He can easily get us to a bowl game next year with just two more wins. 

Let's pump the brakes on expectations for 2023.  I don't necessarily disagree with you, but we have no idea what the roster is going to be like next year, and what next year is going to be like.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m just happy to know next year i’ll actually be excited to see how we do. And since you can’t really start judging a new coach until he has some time to implement his changes we got hope for at least 2-3 seasons. Hopefully by then that hope gets a little bigger and we’re trying to win the west. Fingers crossed. Good luck to the new coach

• Plus1 2

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Let's pump the brakes on expectations for 2023.  I don't necessarily disagree with you, but we have no idea what the roster is going to be like next year, and what next year is going to be like.

I think any coaching will make a dramatic difference, especially on the OL (and hopefully the linebackers). But I truly believe it’s going to be mostly QB dependent next year. Thompson coming back or not to me is by far the single biggest determining factor. 

Just now, StuckinCO said:

I think any coaching will make a dramatic difference, especially on the OL (and hopefully the linebackers). But I truly believe it’s going to be mostly QB dependent next year. Thompson coming back or not to me is by far the single biggest determining factor. 

Yes, an improvement in coaching staff should make a difference.  However, I just think it's unfair to put record expectations on the new coaching staff for the first season.  First seasons under a new staff can experience growing pains.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Oh..I was just going through the schedule next year and marking all the W’s.  Lock for the Quick Lane Bowl or Cheez-it Bowl , I was thinking.  

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, sho said:

To the bolded name, I've heard there's animosity to how their time ended in Carolina.  If true, I don't expect Joe to come.  And because of the rumored animosity, MJ may not stay.  Supposedly he was also upset by how things shook out in Carolina and doesn't think he can work with Rhule because of it.

That makes sense. Brady was the first fall guy.

• Mavric changed the title to *** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***
  • Mavric pinned this topic
  • Enhance locked this topic
  • Mavric unpinned this topic