*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***

Mavric

3 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Rhule's recruiting classes average ranking was 36th from 2016-2019 at Baylor.

Despite the recruiting rankings, he was able to develop a 10-win team in 2019 and also a lot of the talent that was the core group of the 2021 Big 12 Champions.

I know recruiting is important, and I’m sure Rhule does, as well. But recruiting doesn’t mean anything without development. 

• TBH 2
3 minutes ago, sho said:

Is that the 3 year average?  I’d love to see what his last years was.  I know his first year was awful because of the sanctions and Briles.  

During Rhules' tenure at Baylor his teams never beat a ranked team.  How's that for a stat.

Guess he was waiting to do that for Nebraska...

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don’t think Mickey will make it like himself like Bo did after his firing (although Mickey isn’t getting “fired”) and I think Rhule won’t make the mistake that Frost did and made every Riley recruit out to be worthless players and place blame all on them. I think Rhule will treat this as a fresh start for everyone and will try to move the program forward. 

I think basically we have adults in the room again. Riley was one but he was soft and led by incompetent administration. I fully agree with Compton, from the top down (Carter, Trev, Mickey, Rhule) there are adults in the room and continuity for the first time in how long?

edit: added Mickey

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1

Just now, suh_fan93 said:

During Rhules' tenure at Baylor his teams never beat a ranked team.  How's that for a stat...

No way.  I never heard that before. 

Just now, Savage Husker said:

I think basically we have adults in the room again. Riley was one but he was soft and led by incompetent administration. I fully agree with Compton, from the top down (Carter, Trev, Rhule) there are adults in the room and continuity for the first time in how long?

Agree 100%

So what, who cares about recruiting rankings............the last time I looked neither KU or KSU have ever had Top 15 recruiting classes and right now they are winning and beating ranked teams.....in a tougher conference this year.

Developing talent is the top priority.  Recruit what we need, build what we want.  We need lineman now.  We need good linemen now.  The rest will take of itself.  I truly believe that Rhule will at least win the games were suppose to win. 

My next question is do we start recruiting Texas again?  Rhule has connections in Texas and relationships, does he use them?  Can he recruit Pennsylvania yet?  Where do we see our recruiting coming from right now?  Do we get any Baylor players to transfer for there 5th year?  

• TBH 1
2 hours ago, Loebarth said:

I'd very much like MJ to remain but I think he has too many loyal fans (me) that need him to move on. We need now to cut the ties to avoid internal strife. I am and will always be a HUGE Mickey fan. Yes I was hoping he'd become our next HC but now is the time to support the new staff. We'll know in a week how well Rhule can relate to young men when announced transfers and commits make decisions. Let's hope for the best for everyone here and give the new staff the support they deserve.

On a side note.. I believe yesterday showed just how close we are to righting the ship and honestly, MJ can walk with his head held high. From the start he said he, this staff and these players would stay or go but the team would be better off and they are.

If Mickey leaves, a lot of recruits and commits move on.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Enhance locked this topic
  • Mavric unpinned this topic