*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***

Mavric

1 minute ago, Pennhusker said:

Reading colorado might get deion. That’d be interesting….

That's a really good match. Deion can cut his teeth in the P5 in one of the easiest conferences, and if he fails he won't take a lot of flak for it because when the Buffs are bad their "fans" disappear. 

• TBH 1

8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That is very possible, and if that happens, that shouldn’t be an indictment on Rhule and his new staff. If you aren’t prepared for some potential bad news during a transition, you aren’t being realistic. 

The most realistic I can be is in three statements.

1. Recruiting well is critical

2. Developing talent is tantamount, or paramount, to #1

3.  These things happening for the OLine and DLine are immense

Mickey has shown to be highly effective in #1.  Rhule's specialty is supposedly #2...combined effort (including Duval never being allowed back on campus) for #3 with assistants.  

Change is expected, but let's be as focused and relevant with #1-3 above.  I believe Mickey is key out the gate.

8 Year contract is interesting.  So does Trev think its going to take 5 years to build this program to where it should be and the other 3 to win a division?    My guess is that Rhule said he was not going to take this gig for less than.  Need some security with money and years.  If he stays all 8 years that will say alot about this hire.  Watch Penn St come open next season................it is what it is at this point!

3 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

The most realistic I can be is in three statements.

1. Recruiting well is critical

2. Developing talent is tantamount, or paramount, to #1

3.  These things happening for the OLine and DLine are immense

Mickey has shown to be highly effective in #1.  Rhule's specialty is supposedly #2...combined effort (including Duval never being allowed back on campus) for #3 with assistants.  

Change is expected, but let's be as focused and relevant with #1-3 above.  I believe Mickey is key out the gate.

I don't disagree that Mickey would be key to #1. But Mickey is not the only very good recruiter out there. We aren't sunk if he leaves.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 4

1 minute ago, Decked said:

Man. A win and this. It feels nice doesn’t it? Almost don’t know how to react 

Going to be a fun hopeful off-season for once.  With a new HC who loves to run the ball 200+ yards per game and play nasty simple D, I already feel like we went to a bowl game and won right now.

Actually we did just win a bowl game yesterday...the 'Birdbrain Bowl'. 

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Cortney Grixby tweeted his disapproval as well.  There will be others and I'd imagine the whole recruiting in Omaha thing will be brought up again.

This may be the main reason Rhule should highly consider keeping MJ. The local ties

• Enhance locked this topic
  • Mavric unpinned this topic