*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***

Mavric

1 minute ago, Decked said:

A lot of former players backing Mickey. 

A lot of former players should stfu. Not saying that he would have *liked* him at LSU but Scott Shanle tweeted out Doug Pederson and Matt Rhule as potential future coaches of LSU during their latest coaching search. If he’s so against the hire what changed in the last year, and taking a second hand account “eye roll” is just a flimsy argument. Give some substance. I wouldn’t want PJ Fleck’s personality but I’d like their record. 

I’m also content with Rhule only being around for 7-10 years and moving on. Build the program for the next person to elevate it. Not ideal, but the past decade has gotten me to that point. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

2 minutes ago, Decked said:

A lot of former players backing Mickey. 

We already tried a former Husker QB with zero HC experience at the P5 level.  Mickey might be the greatest college HC to ever live, but the NU football program cannot afford to gamble its future on another unproven inexperienced HC.  Matt is going to be bring player performance and win stability to the program.  Something we have not tasted as fans since the Bo years. 

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 4
13 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

A joke of a DB.  I used to be a prophet when he played.  "They're going to throw the ball at, and over, Grixby.  Watch"  On cue, Cortney was on his back having given up a first down or a TD.  Constantly.

Thank you! That was the joke lol

5 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

The press conference on Monday I bet will have alot of MJ questions that will be asked.  Wish there was a better place not to ask those questions. 

The answer to that will depend on when Rhule gets into Lincoln (I’m guessing Sunday) and if he has had a chance to discuss a role on the new staff with Mickey. It really only needs to be one question, if handled correctly. 

• Enhance locked this topic
  • Mavric unpinned this topic