*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***

Mavric

25 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

What is the first thing that Matt Rhule should do? Introduce himself to the team or call MJ congratulate him on his performance and ask him to stay on? 

Given so many questions regarding Mickey will be out there, they will need to figure out if he’s going to be on the staff or not. I would try to do that before meeting with the team or the press conference on Monday. I think Rhule should be flown in on Sunday morning at the latest and meet with Mickey to see if there will be a role fo him. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Given so many questions regarding Mickey will be out there, they will need to figure out if he’s going to be on the staff or not. I would try to do that before meeting with the team or the press conference on Monday. I think Rhule should be flown in on Sunday morning at the latest and meet with Mickey to see if there will be a role fo him. 

I was thinking the same thing but sometimes coaches don't go that route first. 

3 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I was thinking the same thing but sometimes coaches don't go that route first. 

Given the circumstances with Mickey, I would expect Rhule and Trev to want to have that figured out before meeting with the team. Also, I would think that a lot of players still tried to get away for Saturday and Sunday this weekend after getting back to Lincoln late last night. I don’t think a team meeting would be appropriate until Monday morning.  That gives Sunday for Rhule and Mickey to figure out a succession plan and future on the go-forward staff. 

3 minutes ago, 3gunhusker said:

a succession plan aint necessary.  trev looked for a coach and found one.  it's all up to the coach now.  if he feels a need to meet with current staff, fine.  if he asks for their resignation, so be it-that's big boy rhules-he would have already made a decision before he signed anyway.  

I shouldn’t have used the term succession plan. But I agree that Rhule should be able to go in on Sunday and let everyone of the assistants if they are going to be considered for the next staff or not. This isn’t just for Mickey. 

3 minutes ago, 3gunhusker said:

a succession plan aint necessary.  trev looked for a coach and found one.  it's all up to the coach now.  if he feels a need to meet with current staff, fine.  if he asks for their resignation, so be it-that's big boy rhules-he would have already made a decision before he signed anyway.  

Rhule and Joseph will discuss the issue like mature, rational-minded professionals do to determine if they can have a working relationship.

It would be of benefit if they worked through it over the weekend making a determination prior to the official announcement Monday. 

• Plus1 2
  • Enhance locked this topic
  • Mavric unpinned this topic