*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***

Mavric

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

So we all just want him to hire our buddies (Mickey) but not his buddies, right?

Not what I said, but ok.  Didn’t everyone criticize the last coach for bringing his old staff???? Said nothing about hiring “our buddies”. In fact I reread the post many times and can’t find it. I typically avoid conflict on HB, but obviously others like to seek it out, even when it isn’t there.

• TBH 2
3 minutes ago, HANC said:

Not what I said, but ok.  Didn’t everyone criticize the last coach for bringing his old staff???? Said nothing about hiring “our buddies”. In fact I reread the post many times and can’t find it. I typically avoid conflict on HB, but obviously others like to seek it out, even when it isn’t there.

I would like to think you can see how weve all drank the bring your buddies to work with you kool aid.  With mickey we know what he brings,  PLAYERS

3 minutes ago, HANC said:

Let's wait and see how the entire coaching staff looks like, before making whole judgements based on the first few hires.  As I said in another thread, the coaching staff is a portfolio of capital investments, needing to fit within the budget set by Trev.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, HANC said:

All coaches hire their 'buddies' aka coaches they have a relationship with and have worked with before, so I generally advise people against worrying about this too much. I would particularly advise against extrapolating what Frost did with his UCF staff towards other coaches hiring people they've worked with before. It's not necessarily predictive of success or failure.

Besides, if he hires people who helped him win 10+ games at Temple and 10+ games at Baylor, I would look at that as an objectively good decision.

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Let's wait and see how the entire coaching staff looks like, before making whole judgements based on the first few hires.  As I said in another thread, the coaching staff is a portfolio of capital investments, needing to fit within the budget set by Trev.

If you read my post, that is what I said, almost exactly. I said, if he continues to load up his staff with former Carolina guys, THEN I would struggle. Basically what you said. Some guys just look for reasons to pounce.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

All coaches hire their 'buddies' aka coaches they have a relationship with and have worked with before, so I generally advise people against worrying about this too much. I would particularly advise against extrapolating what Frost did with his UCF staff towards other coaches hiring people they've worked with before. It's not necessarily predictive of success or failure.

Besides, if he hires people who helped him win 10+ games at Temple and 10+ games at Baylor, I would look at that as an objectively good decision.

And look at how many players he had drafted between Temple and Baylor.  I’m guessing they are great developers first and recruiters second.  

3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Yes, I hire people I trust and understand my philosophy. I have brought in many assistant coaches whom I know well. Frost brought his staff, after going undefeated… Rhule is going to bring people he knows, that isn’t the point. 

• Mavric unpinned this topic