*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***

Mavric

3 minutes ago, hunnit said:

Well he has never been at a job for more than 4 years and the Huskers have paid every single coach since Osborne to leave. The huskers are number 1 in the nation when it comes to severance pay. Lincoln is the perfect place for a coach that's looking to cash out real quick. :)

Your forgetting the most important thing Matt Rhule didn't need to take this job to cash out he was already going to be sitting on 40 million dollars from the Panthers.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

8 hours ago, Mavric said:

Interesting data.

I did some similar checking.  Fickell is 5-11 against ranked opponents.  He lost seven of his first eight, the only win coming against a UCF team that finished the year ranked #24.  Only one of the wins is against a team ranked higher than #18.  None were against Power 5 opponents.

With Luke having major struggles against good P5 teams, that is a major red flag coming into the P5 lions den that is the B1G.  Winnimg in a P5 conference week in and week out is a whole different ball game than the other conferences.  A lot of similarities to Frost here.  

I am excited to see what Coach Rhule can do. I don't understand all of the negative people on here, but it's the internet, so what can you do? Well, I guess my ignore list is growing, so there's that. 

ASU hired their coach and the question about the status of the interim coach, Sean Aguano, was a hot topic. I loved how the new coach handled it, asking a reporter to ask him if Sean would be retained, and responding with a very positive answer that yes, he would be. Great way to address the topic while also building rapport with the local media. I hope to see a similar situation today regarding MJ. 

• Mavric unpinned this topic