*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***

Mavric

18 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

I expect him to outperform Luke Fickell at Wisconsin since Trev thinks Rhule was a better hire than Fickell. 

Kind of a weak answer unless you forgot the sarcasm.  I was a Fickell first guy. He wa my top choice. How do you know it was one sided??? You don’t. Fickell may have interviewed but maybe wasn’t that interested. What did you expect Trev to say??? Matt was our 3rd choice.

Furthermore, Wiscy is in such a BETTER position to succeed next year than we are. This is UNIVERSALLY known and has been discussed. Fickell has a MUCH easier job in the short term. To judge Rhule based on the first two years solely on comparison with Wiscy is absolutely absurd.

If it was sarcasm, I apologize.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
Just now, gobiggergoredder said:

I told my kids when Mel Tucker got that deal that “MSU screwed up”.  Did has never won anywhere.  Kinda like Jimbo with no Winston.

Ah, it just dawned on me.  Jaimes was just misunderstood.  He had an NIL deal with Publix but no one knew about it...

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

As mentioned earlier, Alberts used Matrix Analytical to assist in the search.  Some examples Alberts listed are:

• What's their record against a team with lesser talent?

• What’s their record in one-score games?

• What do nine-win teams in the Big Ten do relative to number of run plays?

• How many times do they run the ball prior to having an explosive run?

Awesome! Very cool. 

1 hour ago, HANC said:

Kind of a weak answer unless you forgot the sarcasm.  I was a Fickell first guy. He wa my top choice. How do you know it was one sided??? You don’t. Fickell may have interviewed but maybe wasn’t that interested. What did you expect Trev to say??? Matt was our 3rd choice.

Furthermore, Wiscy is in such a BETTER position to succeed next year than we are. This is UNIVERSALLY known and has been discussed. Fickell has a MUCH easier job in the short term. To judge Rhule based on the first two years solely on comparison with Wiscy is absolutely absurd.

If it was sarcasm, I apologize.

I respectfully disagree with your analysis. Wisconsin is not in a much better place than us. We were leading the entire game until we collapsed the last minute. We have better players and quarterback and I can say that our chances of succeeding next season are almost the same. To say that Fickell has the easier task is unfounded. Also, do we know if Fickell was even interviewed by Trev. I am not saying Rhule is not a good hire but if he was chosen over Fickell and we end up bowless again next season while Wisconsin wins the west, wouldn’t you want to know why Rhule was chosen over Fickell? Again, I am really hoping that Rhule is successful because I am tired of the coaching carousel. However, when I learned that Fickell was hired by Wisconsin, I wondered why not us? Was it by choice or was he never considered? It would be nice if they listed who was considered.

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

Interesting progression.  

It sounded like Carolina was throwing a fit that we weren't paying enough, so we had to up it.  And that's probably what happened.  But I was thinking it would be more in the $8-9M each year.  

If we were only going to pay him in the $5M range each year while Carolina was still picking up the rest of the tab, I could see why they balked.  Of course, they should balk at anything less than what they are on the hook for, that's just good business.

Can't wait until 2027 when we have a $10M coach....

I wonder if 10 mil will be still in the top 10 of cfb by then? 

• Mavric unpinned this topic