*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***

Mavric

38 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Correct.  It's about winning more than the press conference buddy.

Right. And like a slow drip of cancerous tar down the throat, Scott Frost's schoolboy macho hid the soul of a loser.

Don't be so hard on yourself, TheSker. We all thought Scott was going to turn this thing around until he didn't. 

• Plus1 4
43 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Right. And like a slow drip of cancerous tar down the throat, Scott Frost's schoolboy macho hid the soul of a loser.

Don't be so hard on yourself, TheSker. We all thought Scott was going to turn this thing around until he didn't. 

Correct, he did not.

I hope Rhule can and does.

But many things Rhule is saying is what Frost....and other coaches....have said.

Thanks for chiming in and enjoy your Friday.

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

And Frost wasn't good at either of those things 

He did one of them well when he first got here. People would constantly be posting videos of him talking to military recruits, or town halls, or whoever, and remarking on what a great motivation speaker and inspirational leader he was.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, TheSker said:

Correct, he did not.

I hope Rhule can and does.

But many things Rhule is saying is what Frost....and other coaches....have said.

Thanks for chiming in and enjoy your Friday.

Well I already agreed with you on that. We all loved those first moves from Frost, including the frat boy vibe of bringing back that '90s posse. Felt right at the time. 

Rhule just has a little more public speaking savvy and maybe more gravity to him than Frost. For the first time, Husker fans might see the value of an outsider stepping in, and Mickey played into that this week.

I don't think I'm the only person who thought you were trying to imply something more in your super terse responses on this thread.  

• TBH 1
21 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well I already agreed with you on that. We all loved those first moves from Frost, including the frat boy vibe of bringing back that '90s posse. Felt right at the time. 

Rhule just has a little more public speaking savvy and maybe more gravity to him than Frost. For the first time, Husker fans might see the value of an outsider stepping in, and Mickey played into that this week.

I don't think I'm the only person who thought you were trying to imply something more in your super terse responses on this thread.  

We'll see if Rhule can get it done.  I hope he can.

The B1G is a different animal than Temple or Baylor and his recruiting philosophy of good lines and speed is no different.  Let's see if his ability to translate that to the field is better.  Hopefully that's no too terse.

Thanks for reading.

And of course I hoped Frosr could get it done.  Now I hope Rhule can get it done.

37 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Except for the part where he has a 5 star, soon to be Heisman winning QB to bring with him,  sure.

There’s a lot more to it than that.  I’m sure you read the entire article so you know what I mean.  

• Mavric unpinned this topic