*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***

Mavric

I mean, I drink the Kool-Aid every year. It's just what I do as a fan.

But I honestly think this year's Kool-Aid is tastier. I like everything I hear from this guy. 

If Rhule has put together the 28th ranked recruiting class, and he thinks our OL problems are more training than talent related, I'm going with my expectation that Nebraska receives a couple votes in the final poll. 

• Oh Yeah! 3
  • TBH 1
17 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I mean, I drink the Kool-Aid every year. It's just what I do as a fan.

But I honestly think this year's Kool-Aid is tastier. I like everything I hear from this guy. 

If Rhule has put together the 28th ranked recruiting class, and he thinks our OL problems are more training than talent related, I'm going with my expectation that Nebraska receives a couple votes in the final poll. 

I just told my boys almost the exact same thing.

They told me to pump the brakes after the presser.

• TBH 1
10 hours ago, VeloHusker said:

What are your expectations when you’re not trying to keep them in check? 

Okay. Maybe "expectation" was the wrong word choice. Maybe "excitement" or "hopes" would've been better terms.

But I'll own it, and throw it back... We've read about and seen Rhule's program development (Temple and Baylor) , and based on the players he's so far landed in a month on the job, why would you not have an expectation that he can resurrect this program in short order? 

short order = before season 4

resurrection = 9+ wins

14 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I just told my boys almost the exact same thing.

They told me to pump the brakes after the presser.

What I liked was it wasn't coach speak. It was simply what his plan moving forward will be.  Something that has worked at several stops.  I'm cautiously optimistic.  More crystal light than the hard kool aid stuff.

• Plus1 1

I was also impressed by Rhule's presser yesterday. I liked what we said about the OL...didn't necessarily believe him but I liked it. And I trust his ability to diagnose issues and make improvements, what we don't know is how quick it will happen.

To be fair, I liked everything I heard out of Frost in his first year as well. But Rhule seems different. More mature, more organized, more professional, and measured confidence instead of bravado. Goddammit I hope this works out.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2
55 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

Okay. Maybe "expectation" was the wrong word choice. Maybe "excitement" or "hopes" would've been better terms.

But I'll own it, and throw it back... We've read about and seen Rhule's program development (Temple and Baylor) , and based on the players he's so far landed in a month on the job, why would you not have an expectation that he can resurrect this program in short order? 

short order = before season 4

resurrection = 9+ wins

I agree and my hopes are also high. I just thought it was funny that you were keeping expectations in check and seeing the playoffs in 2 or 3 years. Nothing wrong with that. That’s what fans are supposed to do. Just because we’ve sucked for so long is no reason to forever give up all hope.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree and my hopes are also high. I just thought it was funny that you were keeping expectations in check and seeing the playoffs in 2 or 3 years. Nothing wrong with that. That’s what fans are supposed to do. Just because we’ve sucked for so long is no reason to forever give up all hope.

:cheers

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, macroboy said:

My expectation is always bowl eligibility. There is never a time, with the resources available to this program, that NU shouldn’t be bowl eligible.

Except those times we had really really bad coaches and no player development…… But yeah, there is no excuse for that.

• Mavric unpinned this topic