*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***

Mavric

Matt Rhule Doesn’t Anticipate Nebraska Rebuild Being A ‘Slow Burn’

When Matt Rhule took over a Baylor football program reeling from a sexual assault scandal, he inherited a team in disarray.

Over half of Baylor's allotted scholarships were unfilled, and the Bears only had one player left in its 2017 recruiting class — Jalen Pitre. Sticking out the tumultuous situation and believing in Rhule not only got Pitre to the NFL, but it also cemented his legacy at Baylor.

In a wide-ranging conversation on the “Bussin’ With the Boys” podcast with former Nebraska linebacker Will Compton and Taylor Lewan, who played at Michigan, Rhule detailed how he sees his rebuilding process playing out at Nebraska.

• Oh Yeah! 2

30 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I think his experience at his previous schools combined with the NFL experience of the "win now" mentality is giving me hope that he find a blend to get some W's next year while building a solid foundation for the future. 

I got a kick of the part where he was talking about how most schools fans want you run a spread offense and score a ton of points, but Nebraska fans want you to own the LOS and run the ball. Feels like a good marriage. I'm hoping it works out. I've had enough coaching searches. 

lethal-weapon-danny-glover.gif 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 4

On 1/25/2023 at 6:57 AM, gobiggergoredder said:

Haven't seen this discussed anywhere, but it's another interesting selection by Rhule.

Nebraska hires UIL AD Dr. Susan Elza as Chief of Staff - On3

In reading the article, one has to conclude that outside of the 500 mile radius, Texas is the # 1 target for this staff.  I wonder if there is room in future schedules for us to schedule in some non-conference games in Texas?  

3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

In reading the article, one has to conclude that outside of the 500 mile radius, Texas is the # 1 target for this staff.  I wonder if there is room in future schedules for us to schedule in some non-conference games in Texas?  

He talked about the B1G expansion in the Bussin podcast.  He said the B1G would be a national brand.

It would be nice to get into Texas because it certainly seems like it’s part our our programs future.

22 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

He talked about the B1G expansion in the Bussin podcast.  He said the B1G would be a national brand.

It would be nice to get into Texas because it certainly seems like it’s part our our programs future.

I agree. Get TCU or Baylor or Houston. Maybe A&M is peeved enough that Texas joined the sec

• Mavric unpinned this topic