*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***

Mavric

51 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

It was stated when he was hired.  Long time ago! 

I know it was stated just on3 is making it a emphasis that what the staff stated is true that's all with proof.  Alot of coaches and staff say something and either don't do it or half fast it.  To me this staff is doing exactly what they said they were going to do.  Hit Texas with 6 guys joining and try to keep kids from their backyard which they tried by establishing relationships and visiting the high schools from all around the state something the previous staff failed to do.

On 1/29/2023 at 10:46 PM, Huskerfollower4life said:

establishing relationships and visiting the high schools from all around the state something the previous staff failed to do

Sometimes I wonder if the 'former staff' with all of their previous Husker connects as QB, line backer, etc just took Nebraska kids for granted.  In their arrogance they may have thought, we were great back then and the recruits will just flock to our greatness.   Who knows.  But there is no excuse.  They say a convert has more zeal and enthusiasm than an old time believer.  Well that is the case wt Rhule and company - a lot of passion, zeal and drive for all things Nebraska.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Sometimes I wonder if the 'former staff' with all of their previous Husker connects as QB, line backer, etc just took Nebraska kids for granted.  In their arrogance they may have thought, we were great back then and the recruits will just flock to our greatness.   Who knows.  But there is no excuse.  They say a convert has more zeal and enthusiasm than an old time believer.  Well that is the case wt Rhule and company - a lot of passion, zeal and drive for all things Nebraska.  

Yeah when high school's from across the state report that coaches stop and visit it shows you care no matter how big or small the high school is.  HC Matt Rhule cared about the state of Texas he's using the same blue print here by going to visit high schools and establish a relationship with coaches.  Yeah I think that's exactly what happened with the previous staff when it came to making the state a priority which they failed to do but they made the walk-ons a priority but didn't make the high schools and coaches feel important.  Feel like that's exactly what SF and company did they went off name recognition.

7 hours ago, TGHusker said:

They didn't and there are a ton of examples of it.  But it gets exaggerated because they weren't allowed to for a year and a half during COVID.  And it's fun to tell stories with a bad guy.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
12 hours ago, Mavric said:

They didn't and there are a ton of examples of it.  But it gets exaggerated because they weren't allowed to for a year and a half during COVID.  And it's fun to tell stories with a bad guy.

Mav you are right.  I must have been in a bad mood when I wrote it and another post about coaches not visiting Sam Foltz's parents.  I'll put my :) back on.  Thanks for the 'rebuke' - I needed it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

https://www.cornnation.com/2023/2/2/23582276/nebraska-penny-pinching-forces-matt-rhule-to-sue-carolina-panthers This article states it's Nebraska fault for Matt Rhule suing the Carolina Panthers.  Don't know if that's necessary true or not.

Everybody involved are adults with legal counsel. Nebraska simply backloaded his contract to try to help Rhule maximize what he also gets from Carolina. It may or may not work the way NU and Rhule want it to. But it sure isn’t how the tone of that article makes it sound. Now you know what to believe.

• TBH 1
7 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

https://www.cornnation.com/2023/2/2/23582276/nebraska-penny-pinching-forces-matt-rhule-to-sue-carolina-panthers This article states it's Nebraska fault for Matt Rhule suing the Carolina Panthers.  Don't know if that's necessary true or not.

Didn't bother with that dribble but Rhule & attorneys freely negotiated and signed the contract with DONU. They didn't sign it under duress. And now it's somehow NU's fault he is suing the Panthers? What a crock of sh$t.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I do recall Carolina ‘agreed’ to the Rhule contract with NU after prior one was rejected. That suggests Panthers are gonna lose.  Probably think that they can stall awhile trying to get him to settle for less than he’s owed.  

I’m not sure we can categorize Rhule signing the contract as any sort of agreement by the Panthers. At least I don’t recall seeing that Carolina approved it. The most we can ascertain is that Nebraska adjusted the contract a bit and Rhule and his lawyers thought it was okay to sign. One thing is obvious, Carolina didn’t put any agreement of the NU contract in writing as they are now trying to renege on their contract.  You should probably realize this, being a lawyer and all.

I would agree that this all may be an attempt to get Rhule to settle for less. Seems par for the course for their owner.

• Mavric unpinned this topic