*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***

Mavric

4 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

It’s just business.  Everybody tries to play the game.  I just do not see Carolina gaining much in the process. Equities favor Rhule.  It’s hard to see Carolina arguing Rhule is such a valuable HC that Neb should pay him more after they just fired him for not being a good coach.  

Someone from Carolina already admitted it was a mistake to hire a CEO type coach(Matt Rhule) so good luck explaining that one.

Also, Carolina is arguing, effectively, that Neb FB is equal in status to their NFL team. Hardly makes sense. Rhule took a step down but somehow he should be paid the same. It seems to me the Neb job, after 5 straight losing seasons, is way below the NFL job. We probably paid him too much, not too little, if anything.  

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Rhule has told all the local high school coaches that practices and workouts are always open for them to attend. 

He also gave out his cell phone number at the Metro Coaches Clinic and told them to call any time.

He's crushing it right now.  However, the real measure is translation to winning and developing young men as winners.  All he's doing now sheds more light into what Frost could've done but was unwilling or unable.

• Plus1 2

Yes, he needs to put teams on the field.  He is showing that he knows what it takes to build a team by finding the kinds of players NU needs. That’s half the battle imo. 

. A good team MUST have a good set of players that fit the system and fit a system that fits the Big Ten.  He can’t fix all that needed fixing in a few months.  Be lucky to get half way there in year 1.  

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

Likely the same as it's been for the last 20-ish years.

Well certain former coaches preferred not to have the media there to watch as well.  So I guess what Im asking is will the media have more availability to attend and watch practices or just occasionally?  My hope is that the media has the same availability as the high school coaches to attend pratices.

8 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Well certain former coaches preferred not to have the media there to watch as well.  So I guess what Im asking is will the media have more availability to attend and watch practices or just occasionally?  My hope is that the media has the same availability as the high school coaches to attend pratices.

I have mixed thoughts on the amount of media availability at practices.  While I think it's great how much the media covers the football team, I don't think it's a big deal when coaches close practice to media availability.  This is not like when Tom Osborne was coaching and there were a handful of media guys at practice.  There is a lot more "credentialed" media who cover NU football now.  I don't think they need to have full access to practices.  It just creates a slippery slope, plus coaches and players may be worried about what the media is going to think or put out in press after watching practice all the time.

• TBH 2
  • Mavric unpinned this topic