*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***

Mavric

19 minutes ago, Vizsla1 said:

https://twitter.com/CoachMattRhule/status/1626550328001802240?s=20

Coach arrived Nice and early to work.  Setting up those Mat drills they talk about or is it an Old school way of cleaning off Memorial Stadium field?   This is one way to separate the wheat from he chaff. 

funny how depending on where you live the term for snow removal changes.  Plow, scoop, scrape, shovel etc.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Vizsla1 said:

Coach arrived Nice and early to work.  Setting up those Mat drills they talk about or is it an Old school way of cleaning off Memorial Stadium field?   This is one way to separate the wheat from he chaff. 

Do you think Rhule will b!^@h to the media afterwards about how soft his players are if they wear hoodies to the workout?

2 hours ago, Vizsla1 said:

Just a logistics question.

Think all the snow removal is complete?  Where would they push the sleds if it’s not?

Side note.  I love this.  I think a lot of people see building toughness and grit in things like this.  I see “team building” and development of a brotherhood.  This is the type of thing guys talk about after they hang it up.  “Remember that time it snowed and coach had us pushing sleds in the stadium”.  He’s building a culture and a locker room.  I don’t think there’s been one in long long time.

edit:  I don’t think there’s been a strong positive locker room/team culture in a long long time.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, Vizsla1 said:

Coach even had his daughter doing the drills right along with the team 

https://twitter.com/CoachMattRhule/status/1626712792643551232?s=20

the team gathered around waiting to practice in the snow- looks like they were preparing to have a great time

https://twitter.com/CoachMattRhule/status/1626623106470096896/photo/1

I saw the video and it says -10°.  I wouldn't  really want to be touching cold metal at that temperature.  Don't think his daughter had gloves on

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Bruce Feldman and Stewart Mandel at The Athletic just released their lists of top 25 CFB head coaches.

Feldman:

15. Matt Rhule, Nebraska (2022: NR): A dismal 11-27 run with the Panthers in the NFL should not cloud what a terrific job Rhule’s done as a college head coach. Rhule took Temple from 2-10 in his debut season to 20-7 in seasons three and four. His work at Baylor was even more impressive. The program was in the dumps when he arrived. The Bears won one game in his first season, went to a bowl game in his second year and went 11-3 in his third season. Plus, he left behind the nucleus that Dave Aranda led to a Sugar Bowl win. His ability to find and develop talent, especially speed guys, is top-notch.

Mandel:

16. Matt Rhule, Nebraska (2022: NR): Rhule returns to college football, where he engineered remarkable turnarounds at Temple (from 2-10 in 2013 to 10-4 in 2016) and Baylor (1-11 in 2017 to 11-3 in 2019). He likely would have been in my top 10 had he returned to Baylor in 2020, so I’m restarting him in the mid-teens.

• Oh Yeah! 2

The full terms of Rhule's contract have been released:

In his first season, Matt Rhule is set to make $5.5 million. That number increases by $1 million annually through 2026, when it’s at $8.5 million. From there, his salary will increase by $1.5 million annually through 2028. Then, the number transitions down to raising by only $500,000 for the last two years of the contract. That means that in the final year of the contract, 2030, Rhule will be paid $12.5 million by Nebraska.

Through December 31, Rhule’s buyout is $7 million if he chooses to leave the university. That number decreases by $1 million annually until it hits $3.5 million. It will then stay at $3.5 million through 2029 before again dropping to $2 million in 2030. If Matt Rhule is fired without cause, he is entitled to 90% of his base salary for the remaining term. It must be paid within 24 months.

https://www.on3.com/college/nebraska-cornhuskers/news/nebraska-formally-releases-full-financial-details-of-matt-rhules-employment-contract/

1 hour ago, Toe said:

Some back of the napkin math gives me this for his buyout numbers:

2024 - $66.6 million

2025 - $61.65

2026 - $55.8

2027 - $49.05

2028 - $41.04

2029 - $32.4

2030 - $22.05

2031 - $11.25

Those are some massive numbers, and would help us leapfrog Auburn in the total buyout paid race.  :lol:

Here's hoping that finally it won't matter what the buyout is.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
21 hours ago, caveman99 said:

Very good session, some great nuggets in there.

That was awesome! Enjoyed it as well. Coach Osborne remains sharp. He was was a master strategist in a number of areas. He shined every bit as much during the conversation as coach Rule. I appreciate Matt's earnestness and work ethic. He's taking a multi-dimensional approach to being successful here. I think that we're going to experience considerable developments over time and accomplish a lot of great things. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • Mavric unpinned this topic