*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***

Mavric

On 3/16/2023 at 6:17 PM, Gage County said:

Osborne's commentary around player policing and the council they set up; you would hear this a lot from Frost over five seasons.  He tried to adopt this principle without the personal or staff accountability.  It doesn't work.  

Fascinating to see this interview, what Scott would trumpet in his pressers, and the failure points in the latter's execution.  More importantly, it's refreshing to hear Rhule's take on Tom's perspectives. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Very interesting.  A bit surprising but I’m sure all three are trying to resurrect the program in any way by any means possible.  This comes as spring game tix are sluggish, don’t know about season tix renewal rates, and the massive recruiting effort next week, all following 6 consecutive ugly, losing seasons.  

Desperate measures.  I’m glad they all can sit together and discuss amicably.  I don’t believe TO has done this previously.  It’s good as TO has probably not many seasons left. He maybe hopes the program gets better before he departs.  He can’t do anything but help keep some fans in support. Trev knows he needs to keep the fans a few more tough years.

It won’t be restored in one or two years, although if he could get about 25 high quality athletes in ‘23 class, the roster will be 3-4 wins better than it’s been lately - imo.  A big IF but Rhule is hustling and bird dogging recruits like never before.  Gotta sign em up and retain 125 of the best across all positions accordingly. He recognized the talent deficit..   Rhule has exceeded most expectations- thus far.  I think Rhule would like to stay in Lincoln a long time.  These 3 and move stints probably get old.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

Osborne's commentary around player policing and the council they set up; you would hear this a lot from Frost over five seasons.  He tried to adopt this principle without the personal or staff accountability.  It doesn't work.  

Fascinating to see this interview, what Scott would trumpet in his pressers, and the failure points in the latter's execution.  More importantly, it's refreshing to hear Rhule's take on Tom's perspectives. 

Actions have to match the words (or something to that effect). -Rhule 

• Haha 1

Comical, I know. Considering how there's so much more talk than there is action. What was once commonly embraced is now made profound again. Talking about having a culture where accomplishments are achieved together is entirely different than actually executing one. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2

here now... Prime has always been a flashy personality.. I'm born and bred country red and find nothing wrong with this and truth be, I don't know Prime's past but he did grow up in florida and florida is one of the leading exports of beef. Maybe Prime wears that hat so well because it's not his first time wearing one.

(bah can't blow smoke up even my own arse.. it's his first but still, he wears it well)

2023 Beef Exports by state:

Texas
Oklahoma
Missouri
Nebraska
South Dakota
Kansas
Montana
Kentucky
North Dakota
Florida
  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
8 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

here now... Prime has always been a flashy personality.. I'm born and bred country red and find nothing wrong with this and truth be, I don't know Prime's past but he did grow up in florida and florida is one of the leading exports of beef. Maybe Prime wears that hat so well because it's not his first time wearing one.

(bah can't blow smoke up even my own arse.. it's his first but still, he wears it well)

2023 Beef Exports by state:

Texas
Oklahoma
Missouri
Nebraska
South Dakota
Kansas
Montana
Kentucky
North Dakota
Florida

WTF are you talking about?