*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***

Mavric

We finally have a head coach, and we are not happy with him?  Mickey might have done ok, but odds are he just doesn't have enough......not a coordinator, just a WR coach.  If Mickey would have had some coordinator experience, that might have mattered some.  Anyway, its all a mute point now.

Rhule is not Urban, but is Urban, Urban now? 

• TBH 1
15 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

A nice video of his philosophy on recruiting.

I like it.  Similar to MJ's philosophy he talked about.  Focus on a few kids at the position, don't offer 1000 kids.  When asked if he calls them everyday he said no.  That what was he going to have in common with an 18 year old to talk about every day.  Be real, be honest and be there...

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

Looking like this has the potential be a divisive hire..... 

My one concern about Mickey being retained and going back to WR coach and AHC is that there could be a core group of players who would still look at Mickey as “their head coach”. I am not saying Mickey would be divisive, but it could just happen naturally with the way the players are.  That would undermine Rhule’s ability to create the program how he wants it to be. That’s why it may be best for the long-term to have a clean break and move forward with a completely new staff. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

My one concern about Mickey being retained and going back to WR coach and AHC is that there could be a core group of players who would still look at Mickey as “their head coach”. I am not saying Mickey would be divisive, but it could just happen naturally with the way the players are.  That would undermine Rhule’s ability to create the program how he wants it to be. That’s why it may be best for the long-term to have a clean break and move forward with a completely new staff. 

Absolutely agree with 100%.  I think its time to separate and go on our own ways now.  With the above twitter, even if its nothing, where there is smoke, usually there is fire. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You need to watch “Remember the Titans”…

It can be done!!!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, nupowr said:

This is a f#&%up hire.  A mistake by Trev or whoever is calling the shots (7.5 mill check writer.) Nebraska is not Texas.  This is not the Big 12.  Rhule will ulimately get to 7 ish wins at NU, be fired, and someone will write another 7.5 mill check.   It is getting ridiculous.  If Mickey is not assistant head coach, and lead recruiter I am out.  Way to go NU, you had a Black HC for as long as you could stand it I guess.  

Mickey fan boy…

4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

It can be done!!!

Ha!! I’m a sports fan, but I generally don’t like sports movies.

I wonder if Rhule and Mickey can try to make it work for one season. Rhule can offer Mickey a big salary for a one year transition period, and Rhule can also try to get Mickey more exposure for potential head coaching jobs. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, funhusker said:

It can be done!!!

While I agree it can be done, they didn't have social media full of asshats purposefully trying to cause division because they didn't get their way 

• TBH 2

Anytime you add the human element, anything is possible.  I just wonder if parting ways now would be the best thing for both sides.  Palmer immediatly announced we was gong pro.......that says something about things right there.  For those on this roster that are open minded, this hire will work out well.  For those who wanted Mickey and want leave, it will work out well for them as well, some where else.

I will stand by the fact that our roster is not that great.  They have no leverage in this right now.  We don't have a roster full of all-pro's.  So whom ever leaves, thats fine.  For those who stay, I think they will be rewarded in the future.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Ha!! I’m a sports fan, but I generally don’t like sports movies.

I wonder if Rhule and Mickey can try to make it work for one season. Rhule can offer Mickey a big salary for a one year transition period, and Rhule can also try to get Mickey more exposure for potential head coaching jobs. 

That’s not how it works.  Once Joseph buys into Rhule’s program, the powers that be will have him blacklisted.

And one of the Husker players will have a tragic accident after winning the B1G Championship game…

• Haha 1
  • Enhance locked this topic
  • Mavric unpinned this topic