*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***

Mavric

12 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Coach Rhule gets what  it means to have a real culture. It's a term that gets thrown around. And sometimes it's more words than practicing it. The whole group is one unit where there's genuine interest to help each individual contributor being their best. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

This was me 40 years ago.

While I was glad Alberts hired Rhule, I didn't have the same level of excitement like when Frost was hired. 

However, after reading and listening to the sound bites, and now seeing how his recruiting class panned out (plus the transfers), I'm probably more convinced than I should be at this point that we are going to see a legit resurrection of this program. I just need to keep my expectations in check for next season; would not be surprised if this is a playoff team in year 3 (maybe 2?).

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, hskrpwr13 said:

I'm probably more convinced than I should be at this point that we are going to see a legit resurrection of this program. I just need to keep my expectations in check for next season; would not be surprised if this is a playoff team in year 3 (maybe 2?).

Good job keeping those expectations in check :lol:  Glad to see you’re holding off til year 2 or 3 for the playoff appearance :lol:

• Haha 4

On 12/14/2022 at 3:03 PM, JJ Husker said:

This is the most annoying thing about that split championship. Nebraska would’ve absolutely destroyed Michigan (or anyone) that year. That is not an opinion, it is a fact. But they hid in their cherished Rose Bowl and struggled with Ryan Leaf.

I was at the 97 Orange Bowl. Our defense and OL should have all been charged with assault and battery. It was a brutal beatdown and it would’ve been the same or even worse vs Michigan.

Not to mention that Vegas had NU as 14+ if the game had been played. OSU averaged 5.6 yds a carry vs Michigan. What do they think our #1 rushing offense would of done to them?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Good job keeping those expectations in check :lol:  Glad to see you’re holding off til year 2 or 3 for the playoff appearance :lol:

If he can develop like we've all read about and continue to recruit at this level+, I don't think its too far-fetched to believe he can put a top 12 team out there by year 3.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric unpinned this topic