*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***

Mavric

2 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Anyone else feel pretty 'meh' about these McMansions?

Don't get me wrong, if I had it I'd certainly be pretty stoked at my lot in life, but neither of those houses are anything close to what my dream house would look like if I could snap my fingers.

I really like Rhule’s place. I mean sure, if money was no object, I might make a few changes but I could easily live in that place. Much more than that would just be lighting money on fire imo.

• TBH 1

7 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Anyone else feel pretty 'meh' about these McMansions?

Don't get me wrong, if I had it I'd certainly be pretty stoked at my lot in life, but neither of those houses are anything close to what my dream house would look like if I could snap my fingers.

He’s going to buy the nicest place e he can find in the area.  It’s not like he’s going to take the next 18 months to build something even bigger. 

And, seriously, what else do they need?

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

He’s going to buy the nicest place e he can find in the area.  It’s not like he’s going to take the next 18 months to build something even bigger. 

And, seriously, what else do they need?

I'm really not criticizing at all, more just talking in abstract. And it's not really a matter of 'more', just style.

14 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I really like Rhule’s place. I mean sure, if money was no object, I might make a few changes but I could easily live in that place. Much more than that would just be lighting money on fire imo.

Apparently it was built by Jordan Larson and her now ex-husband, who has still owned it until now.  Small world.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Apparently it was built by Jordan Larson and her now ex-husband, who has still owned it until now.  Small world.

Interesting. Small world indeed.

It looks to be a pretty easy commute to the office from that location. Much easier than somewhere in far SE Lincoln.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I had heard that the home was built by Larson, but was honestly surprised that she would be building such a large and expensive home.  I know that she is one of the highest earning (if not the highest) women's volleyball players ever, but her career earnings were around $1.2 Million (which was over a long period of time).  She must have made some great money in endorsements, especially overseas.  Her ex-husband also may have made great $ in his lifetime.

6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I had heard that the home was built by Larson, but was honestly surprised that she would be building such a large and expensive home.  I know that she is one of the highest earning (if not the highest) women's volleyball players ever, but her career earnings were around $1.2 Million (which was over a long period of time).  She must have made some great money in endorsements, especially overseas.  Her ex-husband also may have made great $ in his lifetime.

I was still shocked by the amount of money they would give me when we refinanced our home last summer.  It would be a horrible idea, but they would give it to me, about 5 times more than I refinanced for.  Point being is you just never know what folks are doing financially and home values have tripled in my area in a decade, not sure about there specifically. 

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Possibly her ex-husband has a good job too?:dunno

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I was still shocked by the amount of money they would give me when we refinanced our home last summer.  It would be a horrible idea, but they would give it to me.  About 5 times more than I refinanced for.  Point being is you just never know what folks are doing financially and home values have tripled in my area in a decade, not sure about there specifically. 

I’m guessing that home, in that location, has not appreciated near that much. I can’t imagine that was built for anything less than $1M to $1.2 and it was prob more than that.

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric unpinned this topic