*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***

Mavric

16 hours ago, Mavric said:

Dear God. How the hell does Rhule have so much energy to be doing so many things?! 

He brings a level of energy and activity to this program that is impressively palpable. If this energy is what we can expect from him and his staff, good things are in the works for Nebraska football. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, 308_Husker said:

Dear God. How the hell does Rhule have so much energy to be doing so many things?! 

He brings a level of energy and activity to this program that is impressively palpable. If this energy is what we can expect from him and his staff, good things are in the works for Nebraska football. 

It probably helps Rhule’s energy level to not be hanging out at a nearby bar and chasing tail. But that’s just my opinion. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, 308_Husker said:

What would anyone have this guy doing that he currently isn’t?

My koolaid is laced with something that could bring a horse down.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, 308_Husker said:

I’ve been wondering about this. Is this staff doing more than the previous staff? or are they just better at showing us what they are doing?

It seems like they are everywhere!! Especially recruiting.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, macroboy said:

I’ve been wondering about this. Is this staff doing more than the previous staff? or are they just better at showing us what they are doing?

It seems like they are everywhere!! Especially recruiting.

It's probably both.  I am sure Trev let Rhule know that there were some questions about the work ethic of the former staff, so Trev recommended that Rhule and his staff not be shy about putting things out on social media.  But, it does take the effort to put things on social media.

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, lo country said:

An experienced coach who has done this at several stops. Dude came in with a solid plan.  And we are seeing the results.  Refreshing to say the least.  Jury is still out on if this will show an immediate positive return on the field in year one, but it's got to pay dividends down the road IMO.

I agree with this. There is a real plan in place. It looks like they are highly organized which allows them to be efficient and do more.

Admittedly I have no idea what was happening before but even if only half the rumors are true then this is a completely different machine.

39 minutes ago, lo country said:

An experienced coach who has done this at several stops. Dude came in with a solid plan.  And we are seeing the results.  Refreshing to say the least.  Jury is still out on if this will show an immediate positive return on the field in year one, but it's got to pay dividends down the road IMO.

Rhule has developed a plan, and having "his guys" as coaches enables Rhule to have trust in his assistants to be lock-step in that plan.  Rhule can go out on his own to recruit and leave his assistants to deliver his plan out on the recruiting trail.  Everyone is going in the same direction.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Rhule has developed a plan, and having "his guys" as coaches enables Rhule to have trust in his assistants to be lock-step in that plan.  Rhule can go out on his own to recruit and leave his assistants to deliver his plan out on the recruiting trail.  Everyone is going in the same direction.

Yup and that plan includes recruiting Texas.

• Mavric unpinned this topic