*** Official Iowa Game Thread ***

suh_fan93

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

Moving forward, I hope our new HC can build NU to be able to do this.  Simply beat you unconscious with a downhill physical running game.

I get what you are saying , but long drives like Iowa tries to do leaves little margin for error. All it took was one negative play and a false start, and then they were screwed.

1 minute ago, DefenderAO said:

I know now what 90's defenses felt like when playing Nebraska.  You knew we'd run.  You couldn't stop it.

The difference between now and then.  It's the Nebraska defense feeling this way.  We know you're running.  You know you're running.  We can't stop it.  

I will take this fumble, however...

But Iowa isn’t the 90s NU offenses. Those NU offenses would create big plays out of the run game. Iowa can’t do that. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I get what you are saying , but long drives like Iowa tries to do leaves little margin for error. All it took was one negative play and a false start, and then they were screwed.

I agree with the margin of error.  Butt he physicality to mount a drive like that when needed would be huge.  We haven't had this ability since Bo was here.