*** Official Iowa Game Thread ***

suh_fan93

1 minute ago, runningblind said:

That's a part if it sure but being timid is as well. Have confidence and go for it.  Iowa is AWFUL on offense.  Giving them the ball back isn't a huge threat. 

Fair enough, but it only takes one punt block or a punt return or any type of fluke play. NU is controlling the game, and maintained that control thru the first half. 

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

For those whining about clock management, in that situation when NU got the ball back at their own 10 with 4 minutes left, the goals of that drive are:

1.  Get enough first downs to run the first half out, and not give the ball back to Iowa. That was accomplished. 

2. Get into field goal position. Thompson had a first down pass, nullified by an offensive holding, or NU is in position to try for a FG.

3.  If possible, try to score 7, but not be super risky with turnovers or getting Casey injured. 

And you reevaluate as the drive is unfolding. Overall, yes decent end result. But You have a downfield passing game that appears to be a nightmare for the Iowa secondary. A couple more shots down the field would have been nice and doable with a bit more urgency. That’s all. Not crucifying him for it, but could have been better. 

Just now, huskerfan74 said:

If we go 3 and out on first drive, that would be a bad sign. I hate it when commentators quote stats because every time they do in our games, these stats are broken. Iowa has not overcome a 17 point deficit in 11 years. I hope today is not the day they do.

This is why I'm not saying that we win this game at this point. Seen this same movie wayyyy too many times! :lol: