*** Official Iowa Game Thread ***

suh_fan93

1 hour ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Practically impossible .....

Purdue vs Indy

Illini vs North by Northwest

They said we had no chance vs Iowa.   Never say never.  Many didn’t think we could get a good HC as nobody whose somebody would take the job.  Looks like that will happen too. 

If Frost had put a serious plan and effort into the team, he could have won twice as many games.  

Who knows where the next few years take us but at least DONU is gonna keep trying.  The current staff (perhaps even some of the prior assistants?), showed that serious attitude and effort and a few brains make a difference.  

Team didn’t win many but the trend was up.  The schedule got tougher and so did the team as the season progressed.  One win doesn’t mean much in the big picture but it was a solid effort.  There’s still a major MENTAL and physical deficiency to rebuild and the new regime has a helluva daunting hill to climb.  But we saw what a change in attitude can do. 
Give MJ Busch and Whipple, ETAL credit where it’s due.  The team was short of talent / depth but not short in effort. 

The Big Ten West is a balanced bunch of solid (not great but above average, tough, scrappy, determined physical teams.  They are all WELL coached. Big Ten is big boy football.   DONU started at the bottom losing to NW (the weakest team apparently) but got up by 3 TDs and held half a dozen league foes scoreless for big chunks of games.  Busch and MJ found ways to get stops and give the team a chance. Busch did one helluva job ‘fixing’ STs and then the defense in just one year - just better schemes as it was very little talent (kickers excepted) upgrade - mostly coaching. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
21 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

One win doesn’t mean much in the big picture but it was a solid effort. 

I loved the Defense's effort.  I saw things in that game that spelled desire and fire.  Those two things were still spotty, but far more per series and across more players than in previous games this season.  I credit the players themselves, with a big high five to Coach Mickey, too.  But those guys out there pounded away at the Iowa O-line time and time again.  Good stuff.  Let that film be a lesson to the D group next year.

3 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Like last week? Or Minnesota week? Or Illinois week?

I'm talking about the Iowa game last night.  The one with Iowa making the mistakes that enabled us to win, while otherwise that same team at that same stadium on that same day, would have beaten us as we would have found a way to lose to them, to Iowa.  Last night.  Iowa.  Last night. 

The Iowa game.  25 November 2022.  Last night (as I type this). 

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Scarlet said:

I congratulated your team, coaches, and fans in another thread. I will always hold Coach Joseph in high esteem as he was put in a tough spot and took a huge risk this year. In my opinion, it would be in the Huskers best interest to keep him around at some capacity.

That said, it is amazing that when you do finally win a game, people lose their minds. Jeeez, act like you've been there before, and you will be there again. So much hatred on these last few pages. Back in the glory days, your fans NEVER trashed opposing teams after a win. You have fallen a long, long ways. I do hope that the next Coach up can fix it, but I am now not sure...........

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

I congratulated your team, coaches, and fans in another thread. I will always hold Coach Joseph in high esteem as he was put in a tough spot and took a huge risk this year. In my opinion, it would be in the Huskers best interest to keep him around at some capacity.

That said, it is amazing that when you do finally win a game, people lose their minds. Jeeez, act like you've been there before, and you will be there again. So much hatred on these last few pages. Back in the glory days, your fans NEVER trashed opposing teams after a win. You have fallen a long, long ways. I do hope that the next Coach up can fix it, but I am now not sure...........

Go get bent. It's been 7 years. We are horrible team and likely played spoiler for the division championship to our border rival. Stop being a sour puss that we beat you. The amount of s#!t Iowa fans have spewed at Nebraska since joining the B1G pales in comparison to what Husker fans have vented the last 15 hours.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 3
4 hours ago, CyHawk said:

@CyHawk